Lost all users

justermin
Go to solution Solved by justermin,

justermin

@@cayars

Hi, I'm assuming there was an update recently as my son told me today that he cannot watch any shows or movies via my Emby server, it just flashes a still image and errors. I checked the Dashboard which showed that he and another user had logged in and out within a few seconds. When I tried to check his user account I realised that all Users were missing! I tried to add him again but the server just hangs and does nothing. I have restarted Emby several times and restarted the physical server but no solution.

Server has been running for several months with same users without any issues and I have not logged on to Emby or changed any administrative settings for months.

Server is running 4.4.3.0 and is following spec:

• Dell Poweredge R610
  • Dual Xeon processors X5670 2.93ghz
  • Windows 10 Pro 64 (legit)
  • 64gb ram
  • 240gb SSD
  • 4 smaller SATA drives
  • All media on 4 other servers in same rack.
  • I use Firefox for administration

That's the current version but you probably have been running this for a bit already.

It sounds like your system has issues in general.

I take it you know your way around the systems pretty good based on the setup.

Can you run check disk on the system drive and Emby drive if different?

Happy2Play

Can you post a server log.  Also have you tried a different browser as there have been a lot of reports specific to FireFox recently.

• Like 1

justermin

Can you post a server log.  Also have you tried a different browser as there have been a lot of reports specific to FireFox recently.

Does this help, or do you need full log? This error message seems to be repeated on the log. Also i just tried IE browser and all I get on that is a black screen with Emby logo, maybe because I never use IE it may need updates/plugins etc.

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.4.3.0

Command line: C:\Users\juste\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp

Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Runtime: file:///C:/Users/juste/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4

Processor count: 24

Program data path: C:\Users\juste\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Application directory: C:\Users\juste\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: cidr

at System.Net.IPNetwork.InternalParse(Boolean tryParse, ReadOnlySpan`1 ipaddress, Byte cidr, IPNetwork& ipnetwork)

at System.Net.IPNetwork.InternalParse(Boolean tryParse, ReadOnlySpan`1 network, IPNetwork& ipnetwork)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Networking.NetworkManager.IsAddressInSubnets(IPAddress address, ReadOnlySpan`1 addressString, String[] subnets)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Networking.NetworkManager.IsInLocalNetworkInternal(IPAddress address, ReadOnlyMemory`1 endpoint, Boolean resolveHost, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.BaseRequest.IsInLocalNetwork(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Get(GetUser request)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: Emby.Server.Implementations

TargetSite: Void InternalParse(Boolean, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[system.Char], Byte, System.Net.IPNetwork ByRef)

• Solution
justermin

Issue solved just after i posted the above.... I noticed this as I posted it "at Emby.Server.Implementations.Networking.NetworkManager.IsInLocalNetworkInternal(IPAddress address, ReadOnlyMemory`1 endpoint, Boolean resolveHost, CancellationToken cancellationToken)" and realized that a while ago I added my local ip range to the LAN Network in Networks section. I removed it and bingo all works again. Stupid mistake by me.

Thanks for offering help though guys.

• Like 3

Happy2Play

Does this help, or do you need full log? This error message seems to be repeated on the log. Also i just tried IE browser and all I get on that is a black screen with Emby logo, maybe because I never use IE it may need updates/plugins etc.

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.4.3.0

Command line: C:\Users\juste\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp

Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Runtime: file:///C:/Users/juste/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4

Processor count: 24

Program data path: C:\Users\juste\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Application directory: C:\Users\juste\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: cidr

at System.Net.IPNetwork.InternalParse(Boolean tryParse, ReadOnlySpan`1 ipaddress, Byte cidr, IPNetwork& ipnetwork)

at System.Net.IPNetwork.InternalParse(Boolean tryParse, ReadOnlySpan`1 network, IPNetwork& ipnetwork)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Networking.NetworkManager.IsAddressInSubnets(IPAddress address, ReadOnlySpan`1 addressString, String[] subnets)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Networking.NetworkManager.IsInLocalNetworkInternal(IPAddress address, ReadOnlyMemory`1 endpoint, Boolean resolveHost, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.BaseRequest.IsInLocalNetwork(CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService.Get(GetUser request)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: Emby.Server.Implementations

TargetSite: Void InternalParse(Boolean, System.ReadOnlySpan`1[system.Char], Byte, System.Net.IPNetwork ByRef)

IE is extremely dated and would/could have issues of its own.  But to me this error looks like a misconfigured Emby Network setting.

Posted at the same time.

Edited by Happy2Play