MB Media Centre: Crash on Actor Selection

Tanamur
Go to solution Solved by im85288,

Tanamur

Media Center Paid 1.14 and Free 1.15

Wired Connection

MB Server Version 3.0.5289.18702

Hi All -

I am having a problem when selecting a member of the cast from movies in that it crashes the app back to the Roku home screen.

Is there a special log folder for the Roku for me to attach or will the server log attached be enough? Is this a known problem?

Thanks, Tanamur

server-63540755130 - Roku Crash.zip

Tanamur

Hi @@im85288 -

Could you have a look at this and let me know if I am the only one affected by this crash on actor selection? 

Also, I have noticed if a new video file is placed online but the the scan has not provided meta data for it and the raw filename is selected, it will not play and just dumps me out of Media Center 1.16.

Thanks, Tanamur

im85288

Hi @@im85288 -

Could you have a look at this and let me know if I am the only one affected by this crash on actor selection? 

Also, I have noticed if a new video file is placed online but the the scan has not provided meta data for it and the raw filename is selected, it will not play and just dumps me out of Media Center 1.16.

Thanks, Tanamur

Hi Tanamur, 

Thanks for the report, It is not something I have tried recently so will have a look and get back to you.

I did also notice the problem with crashing when there is no meta data for the file (i.e. not scanned in by the MB3 server)...I am not certain what the best solution is there though as the app needs a lot of the meta data to be present such as the backgrounds, plot etc...But for sure it should not crash.

• Like 1

• Solution
im85288

An update to version 1.18 is out which fixes this problem. I also added a few more checks to try to prevent the app crashing when the meta data has not been scanned in fully by the server.

• Like 1

Tanamur

An update to version 1.18 is out which fixes this problem. I also added a few more checks to try to prevent the app crashing when the meta data has not been scanned in fully by the server.

Hi there @@im85288! - I just got back and after reading your response ran the Roku update and 1.18 installed. Thanks for the quick update and I am happy to report no more actor crashes. Yep, I can click on the cast and MB Media Centre instantaneously gives me the full line-up of content in which the actor appears....couch potato, AADD heaven!

Could I note that there seems to be a database separation between movies and TV. Browsing through movies, selecting an actor I get all of my films in which the actor appears but no TV series. Vice versa starting from TV series, film appearances do not appear for verified cross over actors from TV. Huge stable improvement but it would be nice to see both TV and film thanks.

Testing the selection of a video file without meta data stills crashes me out to the home screen. This not a major issue to me and I should note that I have just purchased a Synology DS2413+ 12-bay NAS and am consolidating everything so it is taking a while to scan the entire library. It will catch up with the meta data so the problem will disappear.

Thanks, Tanamur