App fails to load media and crashes

pellimark

pellimark

Hi, 

I had a beelink mini, where I used to play my media using Emby for Android TV and worked perfectly fine, however this week i purchased a new box the A95x Max plus, however when I open Emby for Android TV, after I select server and login with my account, it goes to home page with a spinner and then the app crashes, any ideas about this issue?

Edited by pellimark
  • Like 1

Hi.  What version of Android is that box running?  Is it true Android TV?

pellimark

Its not true Android tv, android v9, however on previous box worked fine and was not a true Android tv as well

On the user selection screen, there should be a "send logs" button.  Can you cause the crash, then immediately restart the app and send the log from that screen?

Then come back here and tell me when you did that.

Thanks.

Can i send you the logs by email ?

That button will send them directly to us.

pellimark

I did click on send logs, after it crashed I got a dialog (where I had Send Logs, wait and close) 

Hi.  Exactly when did you do that (EDT)?  But can you also please follow the instructions I gave above for sending a long via our app?

Thanks.

pellimark

It was before we discussed this, i think it was between 2nd and 3rd June 

Also I've sent them 3 times.

Edited by pellimark

pellimark

I cannot click on anything when the app is opening, and then it crashes. Or can I then open Emby for Android and send them from there ?

So you never get a login screen or anything?

I'm pretty sure this is related to the system not supporting true Android TV functions (like the device home screen channels).  In the next beta round, I will see if the app can discover that and just bypass it.

Thanks.

pellimark

Yes I get a login screen, after login in it tries to retrieve media and it crashes, the second time i open the app i am logged in and cannot click on anything (login part is skipped) 

Okay, pretty sure that is due to the non-standard launcher in the OS.  We'll see if we can recover from that in the next beta round (the current beta is about to be released).

• 1 month later...
traderman
On 6/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, ebr said:

On the user selection screen, there should be a "send logs" button.  Can you cause the crash, then immediately restart the app and send the log from that screen?

Then come back here and tell me when you did that.

Thanks.

the same problem too.

sent log right now

APP version 1.8.10.g Emby for Android TV

i tried with EMBY app for Android, but when i launch it, i I go back to the main screen..it does not open

my android box is attached

box android.png

6 hours ago, traderman said:

the same problem too.

sent log right now

APP version 1.8.10.g Emby for Android TV

i tried with EMBY app for Android, but when i launch it, i I go back to the main screen..it does not open

my android box is attached

box android.png

That doesn't look like an Android TV box but what, exactly, is happening for you?  I don't see any evidence of a crash in your log.

traderman
1 hour ago, ebr said:

That doesn't look like an Android TV box but what, exactly, is happening for you?  I don't see any evidence of a crash in your log.

Maybe log is not correct;

when i try to play movie this is what happen (see pictures): after error (last picture), i come back to the first picture

when i play the same movie on emby for LG all is working fine (a bit of effort when I activate subtitles (.srt)).

when i play the same movie on my MI8 xiaomi with Emby all is working fine.

IMG_20200714_172634.jpg

IMG_20200714_172749.jpg

IMG_20200714_172908.jpg

Edited by traderman

Okay, that isn't crashing it just isn't able to play back this item.  My guess would be the box is missing some required codec but please send an app log right after you do the above.

Thanks.

traderman
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, that isn't crashing it just isn't able to play back this item.  My guess would be the box is missing some required codec but please send an app log right after you do the above.

Thanks.

done now
I hope you can read something. in order to enable it, I have to exit and re-enter emby
is there a way to export the log via usb?

Edited by traderman

I cannot see any playback in your log. Did you try to play that item and then just back to the app home screen and send the log from there?

traderman
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

I cannot see any playback in your log. Did you try to play that item and then just back to the app home screen and send the log from there?

exactly..but to do this i have exit and enter again from Emby. if i don't do this i can't see log

Edited by traderman

Just now, traderman said:

but to do this i have exit and enter again from Emby

Why?

traderman
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Why?

try now..but i am not sure..

IMG_20200714_180254.jpg

IMG_20200714_180306.jpg

IMG_20200714_180320.jpg

Edited by traderman