Auto Box Sets: How to Download TheMovieDB.org Collection ID Metadata?

gochiefs88842
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

gochiefs88842

Hello,

I've installed the auto box sets plugin and it appears nothing is being pulled after a scan.  I tried to look through the how-to and I think the issue is that my movies don't have a themoviedb.org collection ID (where applicable), just a standard ID.  I've got a pretty extensive library of movies and I'd rather not manually search these out.  If I could find a method to batch scan and apply the respective collection IDs, that would be ideal.

1-Should MBS have already downloaded this metadata automatically during a standard library scan (w/internet downloads enabled)? I don't see a specific setting for it in the metadata download settings, so it's tough to know.

2-If not, I use Media Center Master (current build) and I simply can't find how to scan my library and include this metadata component for scraping.  The forum there is hard to sift through, so I couldn't find any instructions on how to do it there (if it is a selectable option).

I'd love to get Auto Box Sets up and running, but I *think* this is my bottleneck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

yes, #1 is true. but since you use MCM, once we see you already have a movie.xml file, then that becomes your metadata.

the only bulk solution in MBS is a manual refresh from the main movies folder in the editing interface.

gochiefs88842

If I were to do that, would it clear out all of my previously obtained metadata (and be like starting from scratch)?  And by editing interface, is the attached picture what you mean? 

post-4652-0-05711300-1405131575_thumb.jpg

• Solution

yea but see the dropdown to the right and choose missing data only

and of course, try it on just a single movie to start with.

• Like 1