Guide issue in emby server 4.4.3

revengineer

revengineer

I encountered an issue with the TV guide in firefox browser with v4.4.3. When going to the guide and moving a few days ahead and then start scrolling the guide, the channel logos are missing. See screenshot below.

5ed6db6cb9b49_screen.png

Robert X. Gonzalez

Agree.  In addition, I can no longer scroll to the LEFT or the RIGHT as I used too.  This I like doing to check in advance that day or two for particular episodes or movies I might want to record.  It is locked in place for three hour segments.

revengineer

Seems to work fine on current Chrome. So from a sample of 2, the answer is yes, Firefox only.

Edited by revengineer

Robert X. Gonzalez

Luke,

I took a look at the bottom of the Guide, the scrolling can be done there.  I just noticed it...did not realize that and was still looking for it at the top of the guide listings. :)

revengineer

Luke,

I took a look at the bottom of the Guide, the scrolling can be done there.  I just noticed it...did not realize that and was still looking for it at the top of the guide listings. :)

Yes, I could not confirm your issue, scroll bar just changed location. But the issue with the channel logo is real and repeatable.

• 1 month later...
revengineer

I just installed the latest beta v4.5.0.14 and find that this is still an issue. This bug makes Firefox unusable for use with scheduling future live TV recordings. I find is sufficiently severe that a point release is warranted. Since this is apparently not happening please make sure that this get fixed for the next major release. Thank you.

I just tried this in firefox and for me it works the same in firefox as it does in chrome.  The first column doesn't scroll but stays there with the logos.

revengineer

To reproduce, you need to load the guide, then select a day that is a fews days ahead, and THEN SCROLL DOWN. The logos are fine if you do not scroll down but scrolling is needed if you have many channels. I verified that this issue still exists using latest firefox on two different machines. @Luke previously acknowledged the problem. The problem still exists.

58 minutes ago, revengineer said:

Just tried a third machine in my household. Same issue. So I am not crazy.

Did we rule that out already. LOL

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I can reproduce this. It's an issue in Firefox's implementation of sticky positioning.  Finding a workaround will potentially require reworking a fair amount of the guide so that's why I just haven't gotten to it yet.

revengineer

Thanks for confirming Luke. I understand it's about priorities. As long as it is on your radar and in the bug list, let's leave it at that. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...