Home screen background / backdrop

Emby71

Emby71

I am using Emby on Nvidia Shield TV and Firestick TV. I have enabled "Show backdrop while Browsing". On the homescreen Emby has chosen one image from my TV shows, and shows that as a backdrop.

My question is it possible to change the image, or at least to get it to change after some days. It's stuck on the same image for some days now.

Hi. Exactly where are you?  The backdrop shown is from the currently highlighted item.

And, as you move around on the different rows and items, does the backdrop not change?  Do your items have backdrops?

Emby71

And, as you move around on the different rows and items, does the backdrop not change?  Do your items have backdrops?

Apologies for the late response.

Yes the backdrop changes as I move around on the different rows and items. Apart from that first image, everywhere else the backdrop is from the highlighted item (TV series / movie etc) and I am happy with that.

Maybe the first image is part of Emby branding? It's not a big deal, I just that there was some setting I had overlooked.

The first image would be the backdrop associated with whatever item is in focus at that time.

Emby71

The first image would be the backdrop associated with whatever item is in focus at that time.

When I first click on Emby in Nvidia Shield TV - there is this building as a backdrop :

Edited by Emby71

Hi. Your "TV Shows" library is delivering that as its backdrop.  It is possible that image is in a parent folder of your library but go to the web app and select "Edit Images" for that library and either delete that backdrop or provide one you would like.

• Like 1

Emby71

Hi. Your "TV Shows" library is delivering that as its backdrop.  It is possible that image is in a parent folder of your library but go to the web app and select "Edit Images" for that library and either delete that backdrop or provide one you would like.

You are right! Thanks a lot.