Small question about People images in migration from Windows to NAS

mofa2016
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

mofa2016

I have a EMBY server installed on my Windows10 PC, with "save metadata as nfo" and "Saving artwork into media folders" activated in the library settings.

Now I want to build a NAS based on Unraid, surely I backup the files in the list below manually and transfer to new directory as the supporting article indicates.

• /ProgramData/config
  • /ProgramData/plugins
  • /ProgramData/data/collections
  • /ProgramData/data/playlists
  • /ProgramData/data/displaypreferences.db
  • /ProgramData/data/users.db
  • /ProgramData/data/library.db
  • /ProgramData/metadata

But I've noticed the people information in the .nfo files for my media indicating a directory that will be different with those on NAS. 

Then, the question would be this: Would those links transform properly “After the scan”, directing to the new directory? I am concerned about the people images won't be displayed unless a "Metadata Refresh" is operated. 

post-498525-0-46513600-1591010989_thumb.png

Doing the above will get you back in the ballgame but you will need to refresh your libraries and metadata.

If you have Emby Premiere you will want to use the Backup plugin.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Emby does not use those values in the nfo file, I believe only Kodi does.

Changing OSes will have a lot of issues when you are trying to move a install from one to the other as paths will not be valid.  Unless you can go into the database and manipulate all the existing paths.

And a new install will not use your existing images.

You could uses the "People Backup and Restore" plugin, backing up all people metadata from the database and images from \metadata\library, then restoring them after your initial library scan.

• Like 1

I don't think that is correct Happy.  Emby does use the NFO but not all the values..  It will use the ID and will rewrite the nfo files with the new paths.

Emby will most definitely use existing images.

Basically Emby will fix itself if you follow the information in the knowledge base article.

Happy2Play

I don't think that is correct Happy.  Emby does use the NFO but not all the values..  It will use the ID and will rewrite the nfo files with the new paths.

Emby will most definitely use existing images.

Basically Emby will fix itself if you follow the information in the knowledge base article.

Correct, but the people path is not used by Emby even though Emby writes it.

Hence why you refresh your library and let it reload this metadata.