Move to Collection

johnsonb

johnsonb

Hello. Using Emby (4.4.2.0) under Mint is it possible to move files to a collection, so they only appear in the collection? I have a large collection that would be dizzying trying to find any other newly added movies.

thanks

pwhodges

The library display option "Groups items into collections" hides the individual items which are in collections, so that the collection has to be opened to see them.  But I get the feeling from the way you wrote your query that maybe dividing your library into multiple libraries might be all you really need.

5ed4bdacdc13b_grouping.jpg

Paul

johnsonb

The library display option "Groups items into collections" hides the individual items which are in collections, so that the collection has to be opened to see them.  But I get the feeling from the way you wrote your query that maybe dividing your library into multiple libraries might be all you really need.

Paul, you are correct on the 2nd point. I have my main movie section and I'm adding 10 new movies and I'd like only those to be in a  collection and be unseen outside that. Having them show up in the new movie listing would be messy.

thanks

Edited by johnsonb

johnsonb

I had the thought that I could create another library and put those movies in there. Not the way I'd prefer however that may be the only answer.

pwhodges

If you add ten movies to the main collection, you can then select all ten (the dot top-right of each poster when you hover on it) and from the menu that appears at the top of the screen add them all at once to a collection (existing or new).  If the option I showed before is selected the ten movies will then disappear from the display of that library, being accessible only through the collection (which will still show in that library, of course).

I believe there's a plugin that will automatically create collections for known boxsets, but (a) I've no experience of it, and ( b ) maybe that's not the grouping you want!

Paul

Edited by pwhodges