migrating my emby server to a new computer

RDSII64

RDSII64

When I moved my man cave down the hall and got everything set up. I could no longer connect to my emby server from the outside. I keep getting a 522 error. It seems when cloudflair tries to talk to my server, my server won't talk back. both my computers have static ip's and 443 and 8092 are forwarded at my router. https://emby.mysite.com:443 is my remote access. 

Since I just finished building a new computer anway, I figure I would just move everything over to that one for now.  I hope this is a simple as installing emby on my second computer, migrating over my drives, change the ip address in the forwarding table on my router, and plug in a copy of my cloudflair cert. Is it this simple, or am I missing something?

RDSII64

When I moved my man cave down the hall and got everything set up. I could no longer connect to my emby server from the outside. I keep getting a 522 error. It seems when cloudflair tries to talk to my server, my server won't talk back. both my computers have static ip's and 443 and 8092 are forwarded at my router. https://emby.mysite.com:443 is my remote access. 

Since I just finished building a new computer anway, I figure I would just move everything over to that one for now.  I hope this is a simple as installing emby on my second computer, migrating over my drives, change the ip address in the forwarding table on my router, and plug in a copy of my cloudflair cert. Is it this simple, or am I missing something?

I manged to figure out what my problem was.  I logged into my router and checked the boxes to put everything back to default settings. After that power cycled (unplugged for 30 seconds) the router then logged back in. After I forwarded my ports, made sure my server had a static IP, and everything works now

RDSII64

Now that I don't have to transfer my cloudflare cert to my other computer, I would still like to know how just in case.

RDSII64

Hi, what drives would you migrate?

Physically moving the drives and installing emby on the new machine is the easy part. What I would like to learn is how to transfer my Cloudflare certificate should I ever need to.

BAlGaInTl

Physically moving the drives and installing emby on the new machine is the easy part. What I would like to learn is how to transfer my Cloudflare certificate should I ever need to.

I assume that you created a PFX file for Emby to use from your Cloudflare cert?  You didn't mention that you were using a proxy or anything.

If so, all you have to do is copy that PFX file to where you want it on the new system, and then point Emby to that location.

RDSII64

I assume that you created a PFX file for Emby to use from your Cloudflare cert?  You didn't mention that you were using a proxy or anything.

If so, all you have to do is copy that PFX file to where you want it on the new system, and then point Emby to that location.

Yes I created a PFX cert.  I'm using cloudflare for my reverse proxy.  

BAlGaInTl

Yes I created a PFX cert.  I'm using cloudflare for my reverse proxy.  

What I stated will work then.

The PFX for your cert is the same regardless of where your server resides.  You just have to make sure Emby knows where that file is.

RDSII64

What I stated will work then.

The PFX for your cert is the same regardless of where your server resides.  You just have to make sure Emby knows where that file is.

Cool, thanks for the help.