Android TV - Guide Scrolling issue

PristDean

PristDean

Hi All,

The recent upgrade to 4.3.3 states "Performance improvement to TV guide', But I am not seeing anything on my setup.

My setup is Andriod TV on an Nvidia Shield, connecting directly to a Synology NAS via managed hub on the same VLAN. The NAS runs the Emby Server which also connects to a HD Homerun Quattro, also on the same hub and VLAN.

My issue is with scrolling through the TV guide

If you scroll through the guide with the BBC channel highlighted, I can scroll forward through programmes for weeks, no problem. But if if I select another channel to be highlighted such as ITV2+1, it will scroll up to 10pm that day then screw up the whole guide with "<No programme Data Available>".  Yet if I use the calendar to select a future date, all works fine. So scrolling on certain channels is broken for me 

Any ideas ?

Hi.  I believe this will be improved for you with the next app release.  That channel must only have guide data available for a limited time.

PristDean

ITV2+1 has guide data available beyond when it breaks (as do all others), I can test this through selecting a future date in the calendar option to jump to. This works and no issues... as mentioned above.

The issue is as described, certain channels will break the guide and throw a '<No programme Data Available>" across the entire guide.

I don't think the issue is a guide data issue, it appears to be the way the application is handling it.

Pretty sure it will work better for you in the next release.  You can try the beta if you wish.

Thanks.

PristDean

Synology - is the Beta available ?

Also I have noticed a slow response sometimes when exiting from the guide, Sometimes goes back to dash instantly, but sometimes takes 3-4 seconds to even respond to the command before going back to the dash where you can see other dash items still loading.