Emby Premiere key is missing or invalid.

bobdob

bobdob

I am adding emby server to shield and ran into a few problems . I was able to activate my emby premiere key a few times and it worked.

I was having a problem using xml.gz file and it was taking up tons of space in my TEMP folder so I did a few uninstalls and re installs before i figured out the problem.

Now the thing is emby wont accept my premiere key on the shield only.

I removed the key on my PC and re added it no problem just the shield doesn't like it. Did i get blocked from the sever for to many attempts?

embyserver.txt

Hi.  No it looks like a network configuration issue.  All outbound requests are failing.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Mono.Btls.MonoBtlsException: Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED

Right, the issue is undoubtedly in the configuration on the Shield.

bobdob

When i first tried like i said it worked until a few installs and un installs.

I just tried it on another shield that has never had the emby server on it. It doesn't work either.

Yep, this was the same global SSL issue that was causing problems on the Roku.  We were able to work around it last night.

Thanks.

seacoug

Yep, this was the same global SSL issue that was causing problems on the Roku.  We were able to work around it last night.

Thanks.

Can you please quit telling people that this is a problem with their network and elaborate.  I was one of the people who posted this in the Roku forum and you would have me wasting a lot of time on troubleshooting that is not related to the problem. 

Can you please quit telling people that this is a problem with their network and elaborate.  I was one of the people who posted this in the Roku forum and you would have me wasting a lot of time on troubleshooting that is not related to the problem. 

Very sorry but every single instance of this issue before yesterday has been due to local network configuration.

What happened yesterday was a global thing with certain old systems (the Roku being one of them and some flavors of the system under which our server runs on platforms like Android and Synology being the other).

Roku, themselves, fixed the issue for them and we were able to work around it for the other server platforms.

Thanks.

seacoug

In other words the Roku client needed to be updated.  I don't think you would be supervised to learn that this functionality returned without me changing anything on my firewall or router.  

So that it was congruent with your server right?

No.  This issue had absolutely nothing to do with our code.  It was related to the age of the Roku OS.

If you would like complete details here is the nitty gritty from UC Berkeley: https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-technologists/incommon-sectigo-certificate-service/addtrust-external-root-expiration-may-2020

The Roku OS was using OpenSSL 1.0.0 (very old).

And Mono (the system under which our server runs on Android and Synology - only) is also apparently using a similarly old version of the networking protocol.