MPC-HC Webinterface is causing a huge delay on deleting items

heula
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Continuing this issue at the new forum cause it is not solved yet.

When I have watched an episode of any serie (mostly mkv files) I delete the episode once I have watched it. This has always worked well in MB2 and also in the beginning of MB3 and MBC. Since the last few updates and that is for a few weeks now I’m having issues with deleting those episodes. Most of the time it takes way to long before MBC says the item has been deleted from the server etc. The spinning icon stays in the screen for over 30 seconds mostley before I can continue watching something else. But sometimes it just deletes an episode immediately like it did before.

ebr mentioned that this could be theme related but after testing with several themes like NEO, default theme and since the last week or two ROC theme there is no differents between these themes. With all of them the delete behaviour is the same.

Because it does delete normally sometimes there must be something causing this. It’s also not pc related because I have tested on multiple pc’s and my wife has complained about this to and asked me when this will be solved?

I just watched a few episodes of Under the dome and after watching episode 6 the delete went fast like it should but after watching episode 7 it was really slow again. Maybe the log explains more about why this is.

Earlier ebr mentioned that my log shows different times about how long the delete takes but I can assure you that the time the spining icon stays in my screen till MBC tells me the item has been deleted from the server is at least 30 seconds if not more.

Also I told ebr about the delete sound that sometimes is hearable twice in row and mosly when that happens the delete will be fast.

I hope this can be solved once and for all even if it seems that I’m the only one having this issue.

Windows 7 x64 (Dutch) the delete sound is called recycle.wav and is in the folder C:\Windows\Media

Todays log right after watching the latest episodes from Under the dome.

MBC Log

Edited by heula

Yesterday I have reinstalled my pc because I had two issues which could not be solved here yet.

One of my issues is solved by doing that but the deleting remains slow. I have only installed what’s necessary for using Media Browser with MPC-Classic.

Maybe this could be helpfull. When I watch just for testing a part of an episode and I delete it it mostley goes fast. But when I sit out the whole episode and delete it the delete is slow again. To me that is strange behaviour but for de devs this might be a clue?

All this slow deleting is solved by disabling the webinterface in MPC-HC but I also would like to have resume available which is gone by doing that.

I will test some more with an older version of MPC-HC to see if this has anything to dop with it. Right now I’m using the latest x64 version.

I know this doesn't solve your problem but try installing Lav Filters and then you won't have to use MPC. You still get the resume in MB Classic, I was using MPC but installed Lav filters and they are the most easiest codecs to install and setup.

Everything worked straight away with the default install. Follow Jon's guide and all works a treat.

Edited by Yogi

I know this doesn't solve your problem but try installing Lav Filters and then you won't have to use MPC. You still get the resume in MB Classic, I was using MPC but installed Lav filters and they are the most easiest codecs to install and setup.

Everything worked straight away with the default install. Follow Jon's guide and all works a treat.

It has worked before in the same setup as now so there must be a solution to find. I like using MPC-HC but I will take a look.

ginjaninja

Do Lav filters have anything to say about mkv playback on xbox? or is the divx codec still required.

I moved from MPC to using the internal player with LAV as well for everything except my BD folder rips.

We pass the largest m2ts to the internal player. If you change it to pass the index.bdmv file, then LAV will be able to play the main movie playlist. But if lav isn't installed, it will not play at all.

Many of what I have as BD folder rips are Music Concerts so I need the menus.  Forced to continue to use TMT3 for them.

steelman1991

I moved from MPC to using the internal player with LAV as well for everything except my BD folder rips.

Are you happy without dynamic refesh rate changing?, or does the puildown not bother you. Or and here is the rub,is there an app that does dynamic rate changing in WMC.

Are you happy without dynamic refesh rate changing?, or does the puildown not bother you. Or and here is the rub,is there an app that does dynamic rate changing in WMC.

I've been watching video content on big-screen projection setups since I had to spend $2500 on a box to upconvert to 720p.  So, I've never even bothered with refresh rate changing  :mellow:.

Right, you won't get that with lav. I just offered that as a way to improve bluray playback in mbc, if you want. but you either have to be able to detect lav or assume it's there.

We pass the largest m2ts to the internal player. If you change it to pass the index.bdmv file, then LAV will be able to play the main movie playlist. But if lav isn't installed, it will not play at all.

I have installed the filters and it seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the tip.

It looked like it was working but the problem is still there with LAV filters instead of MPC.

It keeps happening after watching a whole episode and not just parts of the episode. It seems MBC or MB3 related somehow but what?

It looks like resume and deleting are conficting for whatever reason. In the beginning of MB3 and MBC this never happend.

I had a new error while deleting yesterday after I had installed the LAV filters.

LAV%20filters%20deleting%20error.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/MBClassic-slow%20delete%20LAV%20filters.log

I don't think that is the right log file as there is no error in it.

This is starting to sound a bit like the "delay when changing the volume" thing...

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

I don't think that is the right log file as there is no error in it.

This is starting to sound a bit like the "delay when changing the volume" thing...

Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

The error while deleting just happened again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/MBClassic-Delete%20error.log

That says we got a 403 trying to delete the item.  Which means we didn't have proper permissions or it was in use at the time.  Can you find the server log from the same time period?

That says we got a 403 trying to delete the item.  Which means we didn't have proper permissions or it was in use at the time.  Can you find the server log from the same time period?

This is the server log from the same time. It's a big log!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/server-Delete%20error.log

I now noticed that every first time I open Media Browser and watch an episode and delete it, the delete goes normal and from the second episode it goes slow. Seims weird to me but maybe to you it has any meaning. I tested this a few times this afternoon and it happened every second time after watching an episode. When I close MCE after the first episode and start it again all goes normal.

Also have excluded it has something to do with MPC-HC itself. Downloaded an older version of MPC-HC from 2012 and with that version the same issue.

Hope it's going to make any sense now?

This is the server log from the same time. It's a big log!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/901529/Media%20Browser/MB3/server-Delete%20error.log

I now noticed that every first time I open Media Browser and watch an episode and delete it, the delete goes normal and from the second episode it goes slow. Seims weird to me but maybe to you it has any meaning. I tested this a few times this afternoon and it happened every second time after watching an episode. When I close MCE after the first episode and start it again all goes normal.

Also have excluded it has something to do with MPC-HC itself. Downloaded an older version of MPC-HC from 2012 and with that version the same issue.

Hope it's going to make any sense now?

Unrelated, but should consider cleaning up all your dead shortcuts to make the Unable to find linked item messages go away. The server will perform better.

Yep. Access denied.  That more than likely means something had the file open at the time.  Possibilities are MPC-HC itself or I do notice that Trakt reports it is "monitoring" that file.  I doubt that means there is any sort of lock on it but I noticed it.  Most likely candidate is the player.  WMC does this as well - which is why we play the recycle sound - to release the lock on the media file.

Yep. Access denied.  That more than likely means something had the file open at the time.  Possibilities are MPC-HC itself or I do notice that Trakt reports it is "monitoring" that file.  I doubt that means there is any sort of lock on it but I noticed it.  Most likely candidate is the player.  WMC does this as well - which is why we play the recycle sound - to release the lock on the media file.

Yes that's why I tried an earlier version of MPC-HC. But then again, after finish playing an episode MPC-HC will be closed and is no longer active so how can for example the webinterface interfering with the delete when it's not active? Like I mentioned here before, when I disable that it's all working fine.

I have now deleted all "dead" shortcuts as they were working for outside of MBC. We shall see if it makes a difference.

Deleting the "dead" shortcuts did not matter. I have checked the taskmanager after watching a few episodes in a row without closing MCE and everything seems te be normal. No high cpu caused by any process. MPC-HC not in use so nothing should be in the way for a fast delete of the watched episode so I think. But it took again very long before it was deleted and I could move on.

I think it is just weird that if I close MCE and rthen watch te next episode everything works normal and if I keep watching without closing MCE it doesn't work normal.

Is there something changed in the last update of MBlassic to 3.0.7.8 that has fixed this issue? I haven't had any delay with deleting since the last update to 3.0.7.8.

Fingers crossed it stays this way.

• Solution

You remember I said this was starting to sound a lot like the OSD delay issue?  Well, apparently, it was.

• Like 2

You remember I said this was starting to sound a lot like the OSD delay issue?  Well, apparently, it was.

Yes you did. Great that it seems to be fixed.