Emby - Remote IP Address Filter

jangle

jangle

I have a VPN to my EMBY server and have configured users so LOCAL & REMOTE are invisible to the required group.

I have configured LOCAL and REMOTE IP filters but the users still appear it was all fine but then with recent update seems to have failed.

I have uploaded all configuration and log data proving it can see the IP 172.16.16.10 but fails to hide the required users.

post-244245-0-56752500-1590764116_thumb.jpg

post-244245-0-82694700-1590764123_thumb.jpg

post-244245-0-46600500-1590764131_thumb.jpg

post-244245-0-98719300-1590764140_thumb.jpg

Hi, this looks like expected behavior based on your settings. Try checking the box to hide the user when connected remotely.

jangle

I have another user which is the Admin and this account isn't hidden, in fact everything is in reverse.

Just look at the settings and you can easily see why. You've configured that user to be hidden on the local network, but visible when remote.

Most people generally want the opposite, but in any event, the connection is a remote connection based on your network settings, and so that's why the user is not hidden.

jangle

I think the USER image may have confused the issue, or I am confusing myself

So people on the 192.168.100.x/24 are LOCAL.

Connection on 172.16.16.x/24 are REMOTE

The log file shows 172.16.16.10 making a connection which is remote over a VPN, but the USERS displayed are those on LOCAL.

The setting for the LOCAL users says : Hide this user from login screens when connected remotely

The setting for the REMOTE users says: Hide this user from login screens on the local network

But that does appear to be the case the connect over REMOTE

To me the system config is failing to recognise 172.16.16.0/24 as remote

jangle

So when a REMOTE user accesses EMBY they should ONLY see users that are for REMOTE so not LOCAL.

Users that are LOCAL therefore do not see ANY REMOTE users in the login list?

What do you mean users that are local? There is no such distinction. There is only the user setting to hide them from the login screen.

pwhodges

I presume he means a client on a local address (operated by a putative user, of course, who is local in that sense).

Paul

I think he's wrong about that. It is detected as remote but his screenshot in the first post indicates he has configured the user to be visible.

jangle

Then I am confused.

As far as I am concerned there are two options under the user configuration:

1, Hide this user from login screens on the local network

2, Hide this user from login screens when connected remotely

So if I have a user LOCALLY (192.168.100.0/24) then I select setting 2, so they don't see the remote user account on the logon screen.

If I have a REMOTE user (172.16.16.0/24) I select option 1.  So REMOTE users can not see the Admin account etc.

Stuart

If I have a REMOTE user (172.16.16.0/24) I select option 1.  So REMOTE users can not see the Admin account etc.

Option 1 has no effect on remote users, it only affects users on your local area network.

So if I have a user LOCALLY (192.168.100.0/24) then I select setting 2, so they don't see the remote user account on the logon screen.

Similarly, option 2 has no effect on local network connections. It only affects connections from outside the local network.

jangle

Exactly as I understand it and as the log shows the connection under 172.16.16.0/24 (172.16.16.10) was made but that REMOTE user was able to see ADMIN, why ?

Exactly as I understand it and as the log shows the connection under 172.16.16.0/24 (172.16.16.10) was made but that REMOTE user was able to see ADMIN, why ?

I've already explained this. That is a remote connection, and in your screenshot of the settings, you left the second checkbox unchecked. Try checking the box.

jangle

I have mentioned this before the image for user was wrong.

Here is the attached information of the configuration for the user.

As advised REMOTE users can still see ADMIN with this configuration.

post-244245-0-79316400-1591090129_thumb.jpg

post-244245-0-18701500-1591090134_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately that's not enough information. What users do each of those screenshots apply to?