Can you download Emby playlists?

zBernie

zBernie

When viewing a music playlist there is a "Download to" option.  I selected my laptop as the device, then clicked the Download button , but I don't see any downloaded music files.

Emby is running on my Synology NAS if that makes a difference.

-Thanks

Hi, when you download a playlist it will only download the items from the playlist, not the playlist itself. This is something we're interested in supporting in future updates though.

• Thanks 1

zBernie

Hi, when you download a playlist it will only download the items from the playlist, not the playlist itself. This is something we're interested in supporting in future updates though.

I can access the playlist.xml files from the backups.  I'm interested in the actual .mp3 files.   Where does Emby download them on a Windows machine?

-Thanks

I can access the playlist.xml files from the backups.  I'm interested in the actual .mp3 files.   Where does Emby download them on a Windows machine?

-Thanks

What are you doing the downloading with, our windows store app?

zBernie

What are you doing the downloading with, our windows store app?

I was using the browser app.  So then then question becomes, where does the windows store app save the downloaded .mp3 files, and where does the browser app save the downloaded .mp3 files?

I was using the browser app.

When you download in the browser, it will download to wherever the browser is configured to save files to.

where does the windows store app save the downloaded .mp3 files, and where does the browser app save the downloaded .mp3 files?

The default location is in the app's data folder, but you can configure this in the app's settings.

• 1 year later...
SyberMan
On 5/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Luke said:

@Luke, sorry to bring back an old thread. But, I thought doing so would be better than starting a new topic about this same point.

As there been any changes to the fact you can download items in a playlist to the Andriod app but not the playlist itself?

I am noticing that in App Settings > Manage Downloads  I see my Playlist twice. One entry shows that it has X numbers of items download and the other duplicate named entry shows 0 items downloaded. Why is this happening? I have tested with several different playlists and it happens each time.

I am also noticing that if I do have network access, log into server, go to playlist it shows "Downloaded" and I can hit play/shuffle and then immediately turn off networking and I can shuffle through and listen to all the downloaded music just fine.

However, if I don't have network access at all, then I have to resort to just going to the downloaded music section, no playlist. This is annoying since even if I hit "shuffle" for all the music it only shuffles one song at a time in the queue.

Is this expected behaviour or am I missing something?

Thanks for your response in advance!

On 1/12/2022 at 4:34 PM, SyberMan said:

@Luke, sorry to bring back an old thread. But, I thought doing so would be better than starting a new topic about this same point.

As there been any changes to the fact you can download items in a playlist to the Andriod app but not the playlist itself?

I am noticing that in App Settings > Manage Downloads  I see my Playlist twice. One entry shows that it has X numbers of items download and the other duplicate named entry shows 0 items downloaded. Why is this happening? I have tested with several different playlists and it happens each time.

I am also noticing that if I do have network access, log into server, go to playlist it shows "Downloaded" and I can hit play/shuffle and then immediately turn off networking and I can shuffle through and listen to all the downloaded music just fine.

However, if I don't have network access at all, then I have to resort to just going to the downloaded music section, no playlist. This is annoying since even if I hit "shuffle" for all the music it only shuffles one song at a time in the queue.

Is this expected behaviour or am I missing something?

Thanks for your response in advance!

Hi @SyberMan yes we are working on getting support for downloading playlists caught up. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, darkside40 said:

Any news on this topic? Would be good good way to run your own little spotify

Not yet but on the to do list.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, bacardi8 said:

Hi,

Any updates on this topic..???

Hi, not yet, but it is in our plans.

• 1 year later...
TariqK
On 04/06/2022 at 21:20, Luke said:

Hi, not yet, but it is in our plans.

Hi Luke, has this been implemented yet by any chance?

4 hours ago, TariqK said:

Hi Luke, has this been implemented yet by any chance?

Hi, not yet but it is planned for future updates. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 31/07/2023 at 22:00, Luke said:

Hi, not yet but it is planned for future updates. Thanks.

Good evening Luke, do you have any word on when this might be planned at all? Is it still planned or actively being worked on? Or even ready for release?