Movies not being recognized correctly

Zodler

Zodler

Very strange, since yesterday when I add movies, the information is completely wrong. I have added 4 movies and all wrong.

I add The Great Escape (1963) It is recognized as Ingmar Bergman gör en film (1963). Nothing has changed. I add and name the movies as always correctly and in the library the metadata downloader is as always TheMovieDb and The Open Movie Database.

Anybody noticed this?

pwhodges

Yesterday afternoon (UK time) I rebuilt a couple of libraries completely, and had no problems other than with a couple of seriously "niche" films which have never been recognised correctly.

Paul

Please attach the emby server log from when it was imported. thanks.

Zodler

Unfortunately I don't want to post the entire log but I was able to do some tests that could help and maybe you could put me on the right direction.

I created an extra clean Emby Server and added only one movie, it works correctly, here is what happens

Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: Z:\Emby\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"Z:\Movies\The Great Escape (1963)\movie.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/configuration?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669
Info App: MovieDb settings: {"images":{"base_url":"http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","secure_base_url":"https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/","backdrop_sizes":["w300","w780","w1280","original"],"logo_sizes":["w45","w92","w154","w185","w300","w500","original"],"poster_sizes":["w92","w154","w185","w342","w500","w780","original"],"profile_sizes":["w45","w185","h632","original"],"still_sizes":["w92","w185","w300","original"]},"change_keys":["adult","air_date","also_known_as","alternative_titles","biography","birthday","budget","cast","certifications","character_names","created_by","crew","deathday","episode","episode_number","episode_run_time","freebase_id","freebase_mid","general","genres","guest_stars","homepage","images","imdb_id","languages","name","network","origin_country","original_name","original_title","overview","parts","place_of_birth","plot_keywords","production_code","production_companies","production_countries","releases","revenue","runtime","season","season_number","season_regular","spoken_languages","status","tagline","title","translations","tvdb_id","tvrage_id","type","video","videos"]}
Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: The Great Escape
Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=The+Great+Escape&language=en

On my old Emby where I have my entire collection. This happens:

Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Execute: Z:\Data\Portable Apps\Video\emby.windows\system\ffprobe.exe -i file:"Z:\HTPC\Movies\The Great Escape (1963)\movie.mkv" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
Info MediaProbeManager: ProcessRun 'ffprobe' Process exited with code 0
Info App: MovieDbProvider: Finding id for item: movie
Info HttpClient: GET https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&query=movie&language=en

As you see the file is named movie.mkv inside a folder. On the new clean install it searches the name of the folder which is correct. On my old it searches the name of the file, movie. Why in one it searches the folder name and the other the file name?

Also intersting, when I created a clean new server, I copied system folder and ran the exe. It created a folder named programdata and inside is all the other folders. On my old install all the other folders are at the same level as system.

Edited by Zodler

Happy2Play

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue, but your system (and others) is searching by FileName instead of FolderName.  Not sure what the config would be that causes this as you have noted a new server provides expected results.

Zodler

Thanks. So this has been reported by others before? Could you please provide a link to the posts. What can I provide to help more.

If it helps, it is important to note that I have one of the oldest libraries. I remember there was a major bug with old libraries that caused a problem maybe 1 year ago? My library is one of those. I don't remember exactly what happened but I think the content of the libraries came empty after a server update. There are maybe somethings left in this old library from the past that cause this.

Edited by Zodler

I think there's a good chance this will be resolved in our upcoming 4.4.3 update.

• Like 1

Zodler

I did another test and created a second movie library in my old collection. The last movie was still not recognized correctly. Does emby server keep a cache of movie matches and do not do a new search in new libraries?

Will it help me if I completely remove the 2 movie libraries and create a new movie library in the old collection? Will it also remove the search cache?

Edited by Zodler

Gilgamesh_48

I did another test and created a second movie library in my old collection. The last movie was still not recognized correctly. Does emby server keep a cache of movie matches and do not do a new search in new libraries?

Will it help me if I completely remove the 2 movie libraries and create a new movie library in the old collection? Will it also remove the search cache?

When I first migrated from Plex to Emby I tried to use exactly the same library and file structure but I had some problems. One of the problems and the one that convinced me to change structures was that I had overlapping libraries ( that is two directories with library 1 pointing to only one directory and another library pointing to both so I could have a library that only contained a subset of all my files and another that contained all my files.

The problem that Emby had with that was that if I played a movie from either library it got marked played in both. Plex kept separate watched states. (Emby offers other ways to accomplish the same thing using users or collections) 

Another problem I had was that in one library I wanted some of the movies to get full Japanese metadata and the other in English. I found that if I changed metadata or matches in one library it also made changes it the other if the movie was in both libraries.

I also had other problems related to overlapping libraries.

This was some years ago so things may have changed but at that time Emby REALLY did not like overlapping libraries.

Like I said using users, collections, favorites, playlists, tags and some other tools in Emby I have been able to accomplish everything I could in Plex and a lot more without overlapping or duplicating movies across libraries at all. It just takes some thinking outside the box.

Some of my problems was  related to Emby keeping a cache of metadata for a given movie.

One thing I have heard of others doing to get around that is using different IDs in the identify function but I have never tested that and I do not know if identifying a movie in one library using IMDB and using TheMovieDb in another. I have never tested this and I have no idea if it works.

I just rambled on a bit to try to give you ideas but I have finally created a set of solutions that work for me.

Zodler

No I don't have overlapping items or 2 libraries with the same movie. This was just a test. I just need to know how to remove the search cache so that I can create a new movie library. I don't want to go completely from zero because I have 6 other TV libraries and I don't want to redo them all if possible.

Zodler

Ok, I finally resolved the problem. All in the old collection. I removed the 2 movie libraries (I still had 6 old TV libraries, did not touch those). I restarted Emby and created a new movie library from zero. Now it scans the movies correctly.

Happy2Play

@@Luke is there something in the old library options.xml that would cause this, if a new library resolves the issue?

seanbuff

I too have noticed Emby using filename instead of foldername to identify new media.