Licensed Theme music library like Plex has.

Mkilbride

Mkilbride

So, I was a little confused when I first started using Emby and was setting it up, I enabled Theme Music. Nothing happened. I thought it might be a Premiere only feature.  I got premiere and it still wasn't working(it's free in Plex by the way, no pass needed),  so I looked at the plugin and saw it might need to be paid for separately, but it had a trial...and still no music. Further research showed you had to download the theme music yourself and put it into folders...so using your own space and a lot of time and effort once again.

Meanwhile I found a post that said Plex licensed a library and that was how they were able to just offer it was a simple option.  Perhaps Emby could look into the same kind of licensing deal? It's a neat little feature that sometimes I enjoyed just going into a series on Plex and hearing some of it's music play right away and could kind of get me excited to start an episode or interested in a series I had there.  I get matches for like 99% of my content instantly and it's neat. Obviously it could be annoying to some, so obviously off by default, but I like it.

Obviously it costs money and is probably not a very requested feature. It's one of those I could live with or without and isn't really a priority to me, but it's something I did enjoy from Plex. It could even be a Premiere exclusive feature if need be.

• Like 1

K1ng_Lear

The set costs onetime 8 GBP and is every pence worth. And unlike plex, it offers themes for movies, too. Also in the set are the backdrop videos which are really cool.  Unfortunately works the vids only in the web app yet, but maybe further support is coming. 

I switched from plex, too, and I never regret it. Yes, I paid for the theme song plug in but it’s worth it. 

my 2ct

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, mopsiptv said:

Not working on nvidia shield right ? 

Theme songs are supported in our Android TV app.

Mkilbride

But they cost money. You need to purchase an Addon. While in Plex, they are free. You also need to download them to the shows folder. Meanwhile in Plex, they are streamed to you without the need for a download.

Edited by Mkilbride

Mkilbride

It's been months since I posted this. Someone revived it, but clearly you still do not get what I mean.

1. Free

2. Download nothing.

3. Automatically streamed across the web / automatched, nothing you need to do.

100% of my TV show and 95% of my anime would get their theme songs playing when I went to their page with 0 input or downloads from me.

5 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

It's been months since I posted this. Someone revived it, but clearly you still do not get what I mean.

1. Free

2. Download nothing.

3. Automatically streamed across the web / automatched, nothing you need to do.

100% of my TV show and 95% of my anime would get their theme songs playing when I went to their page with 0 input or downloads from me.

Hi.  We understand exactly what you mean.  I was responding to the assertion that they weren't supported in our Android TV app but they are.

Thanks.

seanbuff
16 hours ago, ebr said:

I was responding to the assertion that they weren't supported in our Android TV app but they are

@ebr any reason why this option is OFF by default in the ATV app?

A lot of us work hard to ensure our libraries are full of that extra little detail, only to find that a big chunk of our users aren't benefiting 😐

6 hours ago, seanbuff said:

any reason why this option is OFF by default in the ATV app?

At the time it was implemented, I was avoiding a stark and unexpected change in behavior.  If this is on by default in the other apps, then we should change it there too.