Dano2
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Dano2

Hello, For awhile now I have not been able to access my server from anywhere else other than at the home network. I keep getting "Sign In Error: Invalid username or password. Please try again." But my username & password are fine because they work in the home network. However, when I tried to access this forum through my home desktop (same home network), it would give me the same error message. By The way, I am accessing this forum because I had to create a new account. Please help.

@@cayars

• Solution

If you know your old username on this forum go to login and there should be a link to reset/email you that will allow you to reset your password. However unless you are trying to login with Emby Connect the username/password will be the same thing you use from inside your network.

If you take a look at this knowledge base article: https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

What results do you get from the troubleshooting section for external networks?

• Like 1

Dano2

Eureka! all fixed now! I followed the knowledge base article above and found out that, for some reason or another, Windows Firewall blocked that port. So I opened up Port 8096 & did a scan for viruses, just to make sure, and voila all working.

Thank you so much cayars. I have searched for a fix to this and your help is greatly appreciated. now I can enjoy Emby anywhere I go!

• Like 1