Cannot Play Live Program While Recording Apple TV ver.1.4.5.25

UnderMiner

UnderMiner

Hello,

Good demonstration vdatanet. In my case, the items were being recorded from the guide or series recording but not part of a library.

corey
1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

@corey Have you. been able to look a this?

At least with my setup I see the same behavior in the webapp as the Apple TV app. I get a Live TV Tuner conflict exception from the server.

vdatanet
22 hours ago, corey said:

At least with my setup I see the same behavior in the webapp as the Apple TV app. I get a Live TV Tuner conflict exception from the server.

I can play a recording in progress from the beginning using web app and android tv app.

https://streamable.com/s7jkqn

Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet
7 minutes ago, corey said:

@vdatanet -- What's the English name of that row you clicked on with the recording? Thanks!

Latest... It's a mixed content library named "Sèries" (TV Shows)

• 2 weeks later...
vdatanet
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you still running into this?

It's a bit of an annoying thing. Every night I schedule the recording of my favorite shows in prime time. When children are in bed, I prepare to watch the episodes that have started, but with Apple TV I can't, I must use Nvidia Shield.

Edited by vdatanet

corey
17 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

It's a bit of an annoying thing. Every night I schedule the recording of my favorite shows in prime time. When children are in bed, I prepare to watch the episodes that have started, but with Apple TV I can't, I must use Nvidia Shield.

I haven't lost sight of this and I'm still working to try and repeat.

• Like 1

vdatanet
5 minutes ago, corey said:

I haven't lost sight of this and I'm still working to try and repeat.

If you want, I've enabled Live TV control on the test account of my server. Record what you want and don't worry, I'll clean it up myself.

corey
16 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

If you want, I've enabled Live TV control on the test account of my server. Record what you want and don't worry, I'll clean it up myself.

Thanks I appreciate it. If I need to I'll definitely give that a shot @vdatanet!

I think I got my local setup in line with yours. I didn't experience any issues on the simulator but I need to confirm on device as well. Do you see this with the native player, MPV player or both?

Thanks!

vdatanet
Just now, corey said:

Thanks I appreciate it. If I need to I'll definitely give that a shot @vdatanet!

I think I got my local setup in line with yours. I didn't experience any issues on the simulator but I need to confirm on device as well. Do you see this with the native player, MPV player or both?

Thanks!

I usually use the native player, I think that using the mpv player also happens, when I get home I will verify it.

vdatanet
14 hours ago, corey said:

Do you see this with the native player, MPV player or both?

Both players.

corey
14 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Both players.

I did a quick test last night and I was able to play a show while it was recording. I may have to test on your setup @vdatanet to see if there’s a difference. 

corey

@vdatanet -- I connected to your server a few minutes ago, setup a series recording of Better Call Saul and was able to play an active episode while it was recording.

vdatanet
3 hours ago, corey said:

@vdatanet -- I connected to your server a few minutes ago, setup a series recording of Better Call Saul and was able to play an active episode while it was recording.

How did you play the episode? From the home screen?

corey
7 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

How did you play the episode? From the home screen?

I went to the series library -> show -> episode and played it from there.

vdatanet
4 minutes ago, corey said:

I went to the series library -> show -> episode and played it from there.

Yes, I can play the item that way. The issue is when you try to play the item from the "Latest..." row in home screen.

corey
4 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Yes, I can play the item that way. The issue is when you try to play the item from the "Latest..." row in home screen.

@vdatanet -- Found the bug. We'll get it into the next beta release.

• Like 2

vdatanet
On 7/16/2020 at 9:24 PM, vdatanet said:

I think the problem is when you record to a mixed content library. When recording to a TV show library worked, now I'm recording to a mixed content library and tap on play (or pushing remote play button) has no effect:

https://streamable.com/a7730m

BTW while recording episode thumb is shown (bad), after recording then TV show thumb is shown (right). In general (Web app, ios app, android tv app...) while recording TV show thumb is shown.

832876207_Capturadepantalla2020-07-16alas21_42_28.thumb.png.f3385b7aba2aa9de16cd0eb789099113.png

1820937250_Capturadepantalla2020-07-16alas21_43_45.thumb.png.4ba84d3bb136e21e0078eeee27a37595.png

Also the "Latest ..." row is showing episode thumbnail while recording instead of show thumbnail.

corey
5 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Also the "Latest ..." row is showing episode thumbnail while recording instead of show thumbnail.

That'll be fixed in the next beta too.

• Like 2

vdatanet
23 hours ago, corey said:

@vdatanet -- Found the bug. We'll get it into the next beta release.

Using beta .12, it works using play button on Latest row, but if you tap to see the detail screen, play button does not work in the detail screen.

vdatanet
23 hours ago, corey said:

That'll be fixed in the next beta too.

Now, show thumbnail is shown while recording, thanks!

corey
30 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Using beta .12, it works using play button on Latest row, but if you tap to see the detail screen, play button does not work in the detail screen.

Thanks I'll take a look when I have a moment.