[Bug] Play all From Here offered on Folders

oldschool

oldschool

I've seen this asked for before (I'm not sure if it was in this thread though), but one of the BEST features of XBMC is the ability to play all the files in a folder just by clicking the play button. This creates a playlist, and you can turn Shuffle on for your playlists when they play. None of the native XBMC play options like this seem to have made it to XBMB3C.

Right now if I right click or click the info button on a folder and click "Play All from Here", that feature doesn't even work. It causes and error in the log and doesn't play any files in the folder.

PLEASE implement these features. I love MB3 and its backend capabilities, and I think it is implemented light years ahead of what XBMC has offered with Gotham. I've moved on to XBMC's frontend just because of its verstility and all of the development that has gone on with XBMC, but this would be icing on the cake to get the two to work seamlessly together.

xnappo

I've seen this asked for before (I'm not sure if it was in this thread though), but one of the BEST features of XBMC is the ability to play all the files in a folder just by clicking the play button. This creates a playlist, and you can turn Shuffle on for your playlists when they play. None of the native XBMC play options like this seem to have made it to XBMB3C.

Right now if I right click or click the info button on a folder and click "Play All from Here", that feature doesn't even work. It causes and error in the log and doesn't play any files in the folder.

PLEASE implement these features. I love MB3 and its backend capabilities, and I think it is implemented light years ahead of what XBMC has offered with Gotham. I've moved on to XBMC's frontend just because of its verstility and all of the development that has gone on with XBMC, but this would be icing on the cake to get the two to work seamlessly together.

The 'Play All from Here' should not be offered on folders - that is a bug I will fix.  It is meant to be used on the first item inside a folder you would like to start playback on.

As to the 'Add to Playlist' type functionality - I will think about how that would be implemented and get back to you.

xnappo

oldschool

The 'Play All from Here' should not be offered on folders - that is a bug I will fix.  It is meant to be used on the first item inside a folder you would like to start playback on.

As to the 'Add to Playlist' type functionality - I will think about how that would be implemented and get back to you.

xnappo

Thanks for all your hard work xnappo!

• 2 months later...
Angelblue05

Does it also fix the watch status? When I use the option, it will not mark anything as watched.

xnappo

Okay, took a look.  The PlayAll is handled by a list we pass to XBMC.  There is a function that is supposed to be called when it goes to the next file(onQueueNextItem), which would provide a place where we could set the watched flag.  However it does not appear to work (XBMC issue).

Will look into it a bit more.

xnappo

P.S. Note to @@im85288 and @ - I tried changing this to a PlayList instead of a list of files to play, still couldn't get that event to trigger

oldschool

I was just browsing around and considering looking into PleXBMC to see whether it might offer better functionality compared to XBMB3C, but I'm ecstatic to see you've implemented this feature!  Thanks for all your hard work guys, and looking forward to seeing any other improvements.

PS - is the presentation locked into the skin used by XBMC, or is there a possibility of changing the XBMB3C presentation inside the add on itself?

oldschool

On 1.0.2, the Play All From Here still shows on the folder, even though it doesn't actually cause an error now.  Looking forward to the next release - hope you guys can provide the similar functionality to what the native XBMC functionality does.

PS - using Gotham 3.1 and XBMB3C 1.0.2.

xnappo

XBMB3C 1.0.2?  We are only at 0.9.513.  This change is only in the Git right now.  Honestly I have very little interest in further enhancing this feature.  It would be a perfect feature for someone to help with as it is pretty self-contained and not really that complicated.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

oldschool

OK - thanks Xnappo. 

PS - I have some experience coding, but I don't know if I have what it takes to do work on a project like this. I would like to contribute, but I don't think my skills would apply, so that's why all I can do is be a supporter through my donation and assist in bug fixes/feature requests that would help out the rest of the community.