Emby freezes while playing TrueHD 7.1

BurntTech

BurntTech

Anyone had issues with direct playing movies using with TrueHD 7.1 audio tracks? The logs for Emby Theater doesn't contain anything. Is there a way to enable more debug logs for direct play movies. So I noticed it on newer Disney movies so far. It always freezes in the same spots while playing TrueHD 7.1. I can switch it to 5.1 Dolby and movie doesn't freeze in any spots.

BurntTech

Is there any advanced debugging logs for Emby Theater XML that can be enabled. I can reproduce this every time but since this is direct play there isn't any logs on the server.

sooty234

That sounds like a slight file corruption that ffmpeg balks at. Try disabling audio passthrough, and see what happens.

BurntTech

That sounds like a slight file corruption that ffmpeg balks at. Try disabling audio passthrough, and see what happens.

I'll give that a shot, do know if I can see a client side ffmpeg log?

BurntTech

I haven't found the spot to add the logfile parm yet, i'll check in the xml config. I disabled audio passthru and it doesn't freeze in the same spot. I have two Atmos receivers that this happens to when using 3.0.11 on two different windows 10 machines. You can switch to 5.1 or even Dolby 8+ channel and no freezing while using receivers. I tested with 7.1 TrueHD passthru on a laptop but no receiver and it doesn't crash either. It doesn't appear to be file corruption or if it is its only corruption above 5 channels? But some TrueHD 7.1 movies work which makes this a bit weird.