......Season 02
.........Episode 01
............TV Show - S02E01 - Title.mp4
.........Episode 02
............TV Show - S02E02 - Title.mp4

Thanks

Edited by Luke

Happy2Play

I know @@Luke added episode level folders but do not know of any restrictions.

Hi @@cayars,

Is it possible to use the following file structure for TV shows:

TV Shows

...TV Show Title

......Season 01

.........Episode 01

............TV Show - S01E01 - Title.mp4

.........Episode 02

............TV Show - S01E02 - Title.mp4

......Season 02

.........Episode 01

............TV Show - S02E01 - Title.mp4

.........Episode 02

............TV Show - S02E02 - Title.mp4

Thanks

Yes that should work.

With that said I'd probably suggest re-thinking the episode folder for a simple reason. It's a LOT OF WORK for no gain.  If you haven't investigated Filebot please check it out.  https://www.filebot.net/

Filebot makes renaming your movies and TV Shows cake and can create the folders for you.  It can be used by drag and drop, File selection or scripted in batch, powershell or any other way by calling the command line passing in parameters.

I'm biased when I say this because I make use of file extension on my system as a quick look at what my formats are.  I use MP4 exclusively for H.264 files that will include an AAC default sound track as well as what ever the file had as additional tracks.  I use MKV exclusively for H.265 video with the same for audio (AAC) + others.

So for me I can look at a whole season and see what's H.264 easily by looking at the extension.  For me this is a game changer as I've grown tired of purchasing new drives.  Now what I do is recompress my H.264 files to H.265 to save space and reclaim lots of "wasted" H.264 space.  I use CPU only and not video processing to perform these conversions.  I used to get hung up on keeping originals in tact at DVD or Blue Ray quality but I've updated my files so many times over the last 2 decades I just expect to do that in time. IE SD to DVD to Blue Ray to 4K (most really 2K) to real 4K to what's next.  So I just take the best source and compress it using H.265 and call it a day and save it as an MKV file.

But I've gotten way off the point of your question.  Can you do it?  YES.  Should you do it? Maybe

Helpful?

Ninko

The reason I want to add the episode folder level is because I want to start saving metadata and pictures etc with the media files and would rather have each episode have it's own folder. To me it's tidier and easier to manage.

You don't need the episode folder to do this.  If you put all episodes for a season in one directory and turn on Emby's local meta saving option you'll see that Emby saves the data right to the folder with the proper names.  Each episode will/can have it's own images.

I used to do what you're talking about and did this for probably my first 30 TV shows.  Now with well over 150 different TV shows I wouldn't think of doing that again as it just makes their use harder and didn't really give any advantage and has disadvantages from the perspective of not being able to see all episodes at the same in a directory view.

But we each do things different for our own reasons so...  But yes it will work just fine doing this!