Programming data missing for one channel (Diya TV)

sarangm

sarangm

Hi, I was able to set up Live TV/DVR in Emby and the EPG shows program data for all all channels except 24.1 (Diya TV). It recognizes the channel as Diya TV (with no channel metadata), but no program data. I am in San Francisco bay area and have OTA setup with HDHomerun.

Any clues?

Hi there, did you check the mapping tool to ensure the tuner channel is mapped to an epg channel?

mark-in-dallas

Go to Manage Emby Server - Live TV, then click on the ... next to the EPG guide listed below TV Guide Data Providers, then click on Map Channels.

• Like 1

sarangm

@@ebr

Thank you Mark for the steps. I did look in the mapping list and noticed two things:

1. This channel does not show channel name and "Emby Guide Data" even though it is recognized accurately as Diya TV.

2. Trying to edit the map, there is no 24.1 in the list of OTA channels

Info for this channel (according to their website) is: 

KAAP Channel 24.1 – San Francisco Bay Area

Can this be added to the list of OTA channels?

BTW, the channel itself is visible. I can switch to the channel and watch whatever is on; just no guide data and because of that cannot program any recordings.

5ecedab08165c_Channelmap.pngGreatly appreciate your help! 

mark-in-dallas

It doesn't show the channel name because Emby was unable to correctly map the channel, and it may be that Gracenote (the Emby guide provider)  doesn't carry data for that channel.  You could try selecting a source provider that does carry all of your channels and manually mapping them, but I don't know fore sure if that would work either.  If that's the only channel, or one of only a few that cannot be mapped, it may not be worth it though.  

Edited by mark-in-dallas

sarangm

Thank you Mark. I have Plex lifetime subscription. That shows the EPG info correctly, but can't play the channel most of the times. This was one of the reason why I subscribed for Emby. Disappointing not to get the info......

Based on your screenshot it looks like it's not mapped to an epg channel as he said. Try selecting one using the mapping tool.

mark-in-dallas

Based on your screenshot it looks like it's not mapped to an epg channel as he said. Try selecting one using the mapping tool.

Luke, if you look again, you will notice that the unmapped channel (24.1) is not available in the guide data.

Can you possibly choose a different guide lineup that does include that channel?

sarangm

@@ebr

I tried a few, but non shows it :-(

Is there a way Emby can get the EPG data provider to add this in the OTA lineup?

I can report it to them.   Can you give me the exact lineup you believe it should be in?

Thanks.

sarangm

Thank you ebr. Appreciate the prompt action!

From past experience, how responsive are they? Just to set up my expectations.

It is really hard to say - especially right now.  I don't know what kind of constraints they are working under.