Script: Remove Guest star from episode if already present on Series

ginjaninja

gillmacca01

After removing the strm files, the script ran all the way through successfully. Adding the strm files and the issue returns.

I did have an issue unrelating to the script, where I couldn't edit or view the detail screen for certain media if I had strm and video files, and thought I had fixed it, but obviously not.

I keep the strm files in a separate folder to my physical files, but place them in the same library.

I think I need a script to delete the strm's folder if the video file already exists - I think that would solve the problem

ginjaninja
14 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

After removing the strm files, the script ran all the way through successfully. Adding the strm files and the issue returns.

I did have an issue unrelating to the script, where I couldn't edit or view the detail screen for certain media if I had strm and video files, and thought I had fixed it, but obviously not.

i am not familiar with strm files..can you explain how i would emulate the environment that is causing the issue..so i can see if i can replicate/modify the script to handle.

gillmacca01

I don't believe the issue is with your script, as I was having issues prior.

I just need to find a way to have a video file and strm together without Emby using all my ram

ginjaninja
2 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

I don't believe the issue is with your script, as I was having issues prior.

I just need to find a way to have a video file and strm together without Emby using all my ram

i wondered if there is a way to identity episodes whose media objects are strm and skip them..dunno never seen a strm

gillmacca01

If I'm right, a stem is just a link to online content.

I have attached a strm file. Not sure if it helps 

Edited by gillmacca01
Removed strm

ginjaninja
7 hours ago, gillmacca01 said:

If I'm right, a stem is just a link to online content.

I have attached a strm file. Not sure if it helps 

PersonCleaner.ps1

heres a test version which ignores episodes matching paths *.strm

American Gods - S03E01 - A Winter's Tale.strm

in my testing where the strm pointed at local files i found

1. If there was an strm and a mkv for the same episode Emby seriously didnt like it. The ui stopped behaving but i couldnt reproduce the script hang.

2. if there was an strm on its own.....the database / api behaves exactly the same way and i was not able to replicate the crash. my conclusion strms alone dont cause the issue. strms can behave well under optimum conditions.

Anyways this script may work around your issue in so far as it will ignore episodes from .strms but i doubt the script will be reliable until emby is happy with your strm usage.

Edited by ginjaninja

gillmacca01

I'm going to hold off installing the new version, because the release notes for the next beta mentions the following:

• Resolve issue of multi-part and multi-version not being able to be used together

I'm hoping this might help with my issue, although it might be referencing some other issue

Edited by gillmacca01

• 5 months later...
ginjaninja
7 hours ago, Arly (Sprinkles) said:

Getting this error and have exhausted my troubleshooting capabilities with it. Any thoughts?

image.png.762d9993b91380d70a2b89b987a9fa8e.png

How to fix "Running Scripts is Disabled on this System" PowerShell (lazyadmin.nl)

#returns current execution policy#
get-executionpolicy 
#sledgehammer, allow all scritps
Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy unrestricted

#if succcessful and you want more secure.
#return the execution policy to its default state eg.
Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy remotesigned 
#make an allowance for a particular script
powershell -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File PersonCleaner.ps1

(run powershell as administrator when executing these commands.)

other help