WD new Firmware

scb99

• 5 months later...
prociu

Hello all,

I have some questions related to new WD firmware and Emby server OS5 version.

I am now using OS3 with 4.2.1.0 emby server version and it works fine for me.

Now, it's time to update to OS5 version but I would like to keep my current settings of Emby server.

1. where can I find Emby files?

2. how to install update from 4.2.1.0 to 4.6.3.0 on OS3? Do I need to uninstall current version and install new or simply install new version will overwwrite old one? I tried it but now I have two servers installed but only 4.2.1.0 is working.

3. how can I do config files back up from current version and easily restore with new OS5 and 4.6.3.0. server version?

4. are You satisfied with OS5 working on WD EX2 Ultra and new server version? Any issues which might be preventing from update?

Thanks in advance for help and opinions

Edited by prociu

4 hours ago, prociu said:

Hello all,

I have some questions related to new WD firmware and Emby server OS5 version.

I am now using OS3 with 4.2.1.0 emby server version and it works fine for me.

Now, it's time to update to OS5 version but I would like to keep my current settings of Emby server.

1. where can I find Emby files?

2. how to install update from 4.2.1.0 to 4.6.3.0 on OS3? Do I need to uninstall current version and install new or simply install new version will overwwrite old one? I tried it but now I have two servers installed but only 4.2.1.0 is working.

3. how can I do config files back up from current version and easily restore with new OS5 and 4.6.3.0. server version?

4. are You satisfied with OS5 working on WD EX2 Ultra and new server version? Any issues which might be preventing from update?

Thanks in advance for help and opinions

Hi, you simply install the latest version right over the top:

https://emby.media/download

Please note that when coming from such an old version of Emby Server, you may need to check your settings after the update, run a library scan, etc.

prociu

Thanks for reply Luke. 

I did installation of newest ver. on OS3 but as I wrote I had two applications listed on WD system, named Emby and Emby Server. And when opened server it showed up as 4.2.1.0 version. I closed it and tried to reopen 4.6.3.0 from config button from WD system but it came up with settings so I gave up for the time being. 

Is there a way to make an export and import of settings and accounts from old to new version? I dig all options but didn't find it. 

20 hours ago, prociu said:

Thanks for reply Luke. 

I did installation of newest ver. on OS3 but as I wrote I had two applications listed on WD system, named Emby and Emby Server. And when opened server it showed up as 4.2.1.0 version. I closed it and tried to reopen 4.6.3.0 from config button from WD system but it came up with settings so I gave up for the time being. 

Is there a way to make an export and import of settings and accounts from old to new version? I dig all options but didn't find it. 

Hi, did you try rebooting the NAS after doing that?

prociu

Hi Luke,

No, I did not restart it. Will try again.

But anyway, final destination point is to update to OS5 and newest Emby server version.

How to do it keeping current settings and account?