WD new Firmware

scb99

Installed fine, and no problems so far. I'll double check a few more things later in case the new OS interferes with anything but so far so good

PS - Thanks!!!!

Edited by scb99

traderman
On 10/26/2020 at 7:27 PM, Luke said:

OS5 builds ready for testing. 

then just follow the instructions on the website: https://emby.media/download

Hi Luke,

for My Cloud EX2 Ultra (OS5), what i have to download? not the BETA version..right?

thank you very much

Edited by traderman

5 hours ago, traderman said:

Hi Luke,

for My Cloud EX2 Ultra (OS5), what i have to download? not the BETA version..right?

thank you very much

Yes the beta version. The OS 5 package is only in testing right now.

traderman

@Luke

When i try to install the beta version i get this error. How can i resolve it?

Device is connected to the network, even did a couple reboots.  More importantly other applications install (PLEX, Twonky)

emby error.jpg

Edited by traderman

swandruski

I'm getting that same "incomplete download error with both the beta and the stable version. I was also able to install other software, though Emby was the only one I had to do manually.

Please help!

traderman
2 hours ago, Aurel71 said:

sorry for the question..but what should you understand from your post?

I have already tried the 4.6.03. version ... and it doesn't work..
docker I don't know what it is and in the Emby forum for the installation on EX2Ultra it is not mentioned

I kindly ask you to explain better

thank you very much

New location for OS 5 builds:

I haven't had a chance to update the website yet, so just find the .bin file for your model here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/tag/4.6.0.5

Note: If you come to this later and this link is dead, then just follow the instructions on the website: https://emby.media/download

3 hours ago, Chep said:

So I was able to install the beta for OS 5 on my EX4100....when I click to configure it though, it won't connect at all. Any suggestions?

Hi, what do you mean by won't connect?

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by won't connect?

When I click on configure, it opens up to localhost:8096 but doesn't connect or load. It says the server can't be reached & it says the localhost refuses to connect unfortunately.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:46 AM, Chep said:

When I click on configure, it opens up to localhost:8096 but doesn't connect or load. It says the server can't be reached & it says the localhost refuses to connect unfortunately.

Try typing your NAS IP address manually.

NasIP:8096

Instead of localhost:8096 as that probably means you are looking for emby on the device you're browsing from (PC)

Edited by Rak85
added quote

3 hours ago, Rak85 said:

Try typing your NAS IP address manually.

NasIP:8096

Instead of localhost:8096 as that probably means you are looking for emby on the device you're browsing from (PC)

I should've specified that I have been putting in my NAS IP address....that's what I meant by "localhost"  😅

prunhardt

I've installed the beta for OS5 succesfully on my WD EX2 Ultra, just to see if it works and will test performance.

On the page Luke mentioned there are two versions. Make sure you use the one with OS5 in the name:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.0.5/emby-server-western_digital_ex2_ultra_os5_4.6.0.5_arm.bin

First Impression:

I am pleasantly surprised by the functionality (e.g. remote server restart, automatic file detection). It all works, including transcoding, which went smoothly during the short time I tried it. The responsiveness of the UI is slow, though, much slower than the servers on my Nvidia Shield or PC. The EX2 is also working hard continuously CPU usage s constantly more than 50%, often higher than 80%. You can tell the EX2 is not really designed for this kind of apps.

So I think I will stop using the server on the EX2 for that reason, but that shouldn;t stop anyone form trying it out themselves.

Edited by prunhardt

• 2 weeks later...
TheDude12
On 11/11/2020 at 9:11 PM, Chep said:

I should've specified that I have been putting in my NAS IP address....that's what I meant by "localhost"  😅

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue. After successful install of Emby on my EX4100, clicking the "configure" button opens up a new browser tab (with the correct IP address of my NAS and the correct port) and I get the "Safari can't connect to the server". 

I tried with different browsers and also from a windows machine. Same result. A similar issue was discussed elsewhere (https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70731-mono-version-of-emby-server/page/5/) by tafelpoowt who found that some libs were missing due to an attempt to rebuild without cleaning the previous output.

Could these two be related?

I'm running firmware 5.05.111 on my EX4100 and tried with emby versions 4.6.0.6-beta and 4.6.0.5-beta (same issue). Trying to connect to emby via the emby app also does not work.

Cheers

Edited by TheDude12
added configuration details

• 1 month later...
justadude

Hello,

found emby-server-western_digital_pr2100_os5_4.6.0.10_x86_64 on github. These are not linked on the website download page. As someone who does not spend a lot of time on github it took me a moment to navigate the site.

The install was quick and the server is running.

I had to update the links to the folders, but given the changes to the os in version 5 I suspected that might be the case. Save for the cases where I had to Identify media manually in my old install all preexisting metadata and images was found and applied after fixing my library.

Thank you

Edited by justadude

• 2 weeks later...
JDizzy

I D/L the zip file but was not sure which file to install for the new OS5.

I have a PR4100

If I try to install ones form the WD download page as mentioned above, I get the message the app is fior OS3.

20 hours ago, JDizzy said:

I D/L the zip file but was not sure which file to install for the new OS5.

I have a PR4100

If I try to install ones form the WD download page as mentioned above, I get the message the app is fior OS3.

You have to find the one with os5 in the file name.