Sound stutters during playback with firefox

SoGX

Hallo zusammen,

mir ist aufgefallen, dass der Sound unter o. g. Firefox Version bei manchen Filmen stottert.

Untre Chrome und den selben Filmen funktioniert das Abspielen jedoch einwandfrei. Hab FF schon zurückgesetzt und es auch auf dem Laptop getestet, das Fehlerbild war immer das selbe.

Hatte hier schon mal jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir evtl. helfen, das Problem zu beheben?

Gruß

Stephan

ffmpeg-transcode-b96d8dde-c3b0-4ec3-b668-5b6d0eb46eaf_1.txt

Edited by SoGX

Hello, everyone,

I currently have a problem playing some videos with Firefox. The sound stutters.
It doesn't matter if I increase or decrease the quality. It doesn't matter if I did software coding or hardware coding. Everything ends with the same result.
I have already tested it with different devices, but this did not bring any success.
But with other browsers the playback works fine, no matter if Chrome or Edge (new).
Does anyone have a similar problem?
Please note that this problem does not occur with every video.

ffmpeg-transcode-7de0f904-15be-49ca-b1ba-9a5f6471f62c_1.txt

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63726046241.txt

Edited by SoGX

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, are you still running into this? Does it only happen with DTS audio?

Hi, yes the problem still exists and as far as I can currently tell it only affects the DTS sound.

arrbee99

I tried playing various bits of bluray rips of movies which were all DTS5.1 and which all did Direct Streaming in Firefox. The audio seemed fine for all of them.

If it matters, they were About Time, 2012, Bridge of Spies,  Dad's Army, Forbidden Planet, The Incredibles.

It was mentioned that not all videos were affected.

Maybe there are more specific conditions I could try.

This is Windows 10, latest Emby beta, Firefox on same PC as server.

I have tested it with the Beta as well as with the Stable. On Windows 10 as well as Windows 2019 Server.
Each time with the same result.

@@arrbee99
I have sent you a PM with the link to download the corresponding file. Maybe you can test it again with this one.
I would say it is a problem with the file, but with the Chrome Browser and Edge Browser it works fine.

Edited by SoGX

arrbee99

Thanks. Got the file. Yes I get stuttering playing it with Firefox but with Chrome its OK. Direct Streaming with both browsers.

• 5 months later...