Emby server for Android - Playback error

Tazeclence

Tazeclence

Hi,

I want to report an issue that I have with Emby server for Android ver.4.4.2.0.

I use my Samsung A50 .. Android 10 phone as server. To watch the movies I use the latest Samsung Smart Tv app..Emby for Samsung Tizen SmartTV's (2015 J-series to Present) 1.0.78.

One week ago I didn't had any issues, everything was working as expected.

Now I got "Playback Error / No compatible streams are currently available" message when I try to play a movie. 20÷ of the movies can be played but the rest of them can't. Also subtitles don't show anymore after the update.

I have reinstalled the Tv app and Android app but no luck. Have tried to create new user, scan the library again etc.

I will appreciate if you could help me with this. Thank you in advance.

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63726010739.txt

Edited by Tazeclence
  • Like 1

Hi, does this only happen when playing from the Samsung Smart TV app?

Ok, We'll be getting a 4.4.3 release out that should address this. Thanks.

PaulLamber

I have a similar problem. I worked on 4.4.20, everything was working perfectly.

The software updates to .4.4.30, and I cannot run any movie. Not on Smartphone, not via Google App on Android TV Box, not via the webbrowser op my PC.

Who can help me to fix this problem?

I have a similar problem. I worked on 4.4.20, everything was working perfectly.

The software updates to .4.4.30, and I cannot run any movie. Not on Smartphone, not via Google App on Android TV Box, not via the webbrowser op my PC.

Who can help me to fix this problem?

Hi there @@Tolle, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks.

PaulLamber
On 6/5/2020 at 3:15 AM, Luke said:

Hi there @@Tolle, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks.

Hi @@Luke, thanks for responding.

Like explained. EMBY was working perfectly. I was adding movies and TV Shows, everything was indexed fine. Images were loaded, subtitles ok.Playing was responsive, Everything was ok.

After a month experimenting, I decided to buy a license. I purchased the Emby Premiere Lifetime license, because this was working like I wanted.

After filling in the license key, there was an update for the software. Ok installing update (it is running on my Synology NAS).... Updating the software took a long long time. I'm guessing an hour and after that nothing was working anymore. Some images were not showing anymore, playing a movie was giving me a turning circle, and after a minute an error that the media could not be played. This happens on the webinterface (on PC), on an android TV Box (Xiaomi TV Box S) and on my cellphone.

It was working before on all these devices. Now they all have the same problem.

So I thought there was a problem with the NAS. But the NAS is also used for other things like a daily backup and storage for recordings of my digital TV Tuner. None of these operations have any problem.

I have tried rebooting the NAS and removing and reinstalling the Emby Server software.

After installing the server again (which was as fast as the initial installation), it took a long time to reload all the images and reindex all the movies and series. After a couple of days, still not al images are loaded.

Playing a movie or TV show is still not working.

Can you tell me what I can do to solve this?

Kind regards

Edited by Tolle
Change of plan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
PaulLamber

Too bad there is no response anymore.
I 'solved' it, but it wasn't easy.

I checked the performance of my NAS (Synology DS412+) during playback, or trying to.
Memory would go to 100%.

So, I  upgraded the memory of my NAS from 1 to 4 GB. Still the same problem, but now the CPU  was running at 100%. Apparently there is something like Memory Compression running on the NAS, that can cause high CPU, and I have to turn it off after memory upgrade. Did that, but the CPU would still go to 100% after turning it off.

I decided to leave the NAS for storage, and use a plain computer (Intel NUC / Win10) to run as Emby server, and that is running like a charm.
Even running a dedicated virtual machine on my VMWare server gave me the same problem. Almost unable to play.

I guess you need, one way or the other, some form of hardware acceleration on your Emby Server device.

The Plex server makes notice of this, while Emby does not (or I must have missed it).

Sorry I had thought this was about running the server on android, but now I see that your issue was mixed in with it. 

Thanks for the feedback. We do support hardware acceleration, which you can configure in the server transcoding settings. It requires Emby Premiere.