Seek help to remote access by other computer using MBC

chuball

chuball

Hi! I have setup the MB server in my Win7 computer. Everythings works fine with my home network, I can play through all content using notebook.

My sister (also using win7 but not within my home network) which have installed the MBC and use TMT6 & MPC HC as playback player, can assess to the server, can enter into the media browser and surf the data base and select the movie, when play the movie, the TMT6/ MPCHC call out and play nothing but with warning " Can't assess media, use UNC path or substitution etc"

I have created user account for her in Win 7 alreay and provide her the share & assess right.

NO problem was found when use MBT to surf and play movie.

Please help.

Roy

If your sister isn't on your network, she won't be able to directly access your media.  It will have to stream through the server.

That message is just a warning and can be disabled in the configuration page if you are running on a remote network.

I don't think TMT 6 can play streamed content so that probably just won't work.  MPC-HC, though, I think can but not sure about that either.  I would first try eliminating the external player setup for her and see if you can get the items to play in the internal player (they are being transcoded and streamed anyway so you aren't getting full quality).

However, how well any of this will work will depend on available network bandwidth (upstream from your server mostly) and the capabilities of your server machine.  What is your upstream internet connection speed?

chuball

My broadband upload speeds is 100Mbps.    You means Media browser theatre is streaming the movie to her PC?   The quality on the MBT is good and compararble to TMT 6.  However, my sister really likes the BD menu for selection.  It ends up that I have to setup a windows server in order to allow her to use TMT 6 for playback, right?  or any other menas?  I am not a computer guy, so I am afraid setting up the server is quite difficult to me.

Wow, 100Mb upload - nice!

Yes, if she is off your local network, then MBT is streaming the content.

The only way she will be able to use true BD menus is if the content is directly accessible and you use an external player such as TMT.  So, yes, she'd have to have her own server for that.