Audio Extras

crusher11

crusher11

I have several films with audio interviews, radio plays etc as extras. Rather than port over a blank screen, I've been extracting the audio on its own.

However, in this case Emby decides to use the embedded title, not the file name, despite "prefer embedded titles over file names" being unchecked in my library settings. It also neglects to create NFO files. This means a whole lot of manual renaming, which also needs to be redone if the file is ever moved or renamed.

Is there any way to make it treat audio files the same way as video files?

Edited by crusher11

crusher11

Additionally, with video extras poster.jpg is suddenly being created in "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/metadata/library/" instead of being stored with the media. Pretty sure it was storing it alongside them only a day or two ago.

BIF files are not being created for extras that existed before I changed the setting to store BIF files with media.

crusher11

Why not? And why doesn't it default to the file name instead of the embedded name?

Why not? And why doesn't it default to the file name instead of the embedded name?

It's never come up before. Nfo for music is handled at the album level, not song level. Song metadata always comes from embedded info. There are currently no options to change that.

crusher11

Well there ought to be. It really shouldn't be that complicated, given it's already capable of generating NFOs for video extras. I have a lot of extras that are just audio interviews and radio plays and such, and it's a serious inconvenience right now which will get significantly worse if I ever have to move or rename anything.

What about the non-existent BIF files?

Either you don't have thumbnail generation enabled, or it hasn't run yet, or you selected chapters as the interval, or the server is being denied write access to create the big files in your media folders.

crusher11

None of those are true. All my movies and episodes have BIF files, as do all the extras added after I changed the setting. It's only extras that predate the "save with media" setting that don't.