Serious Security Issues when default enable DLNA Feature

FIERCE-LION

FIERCE-LION
Hello,

As  DLNA doesn't support authentication, I strongly recommend turning off the DLNA that are enabled by default. 

If you check around questions related to Emby DLNA Safety Issues, you can find a lot of customers don't know this feature already turned on by default. It's difficult for those fresh notice this feature until they found their roommates, classmates or internal network users already look through all the private/ sensitive contents on Emby without any password. 

I hope this request can join our attention and fix it in the future version. 

Regards

Stephen

Hi, thanks for the feedback. It is a difficult balance because if we turn it off by default, then many users will complain of it not working.

Maybe we could add it as a question in the startup wizard.

FIERCE-LION

Hi, thanks for the feedback. It is a difficult balance because if we turn it off by default, then many users will complain of it not working.

Maybe we could add it as a question in the startup wizard.

Your idea is even a better solution. I believe for those who need this feature will find DLNA settings in the menu list. Also, we can put the notice like "DLNA: Enabled. (All internal network users will see your media contents without any authentications)" in "Dashboard", located as the picture shows, use different color text to remind users.

5ecc9bf40f8f2_20200526112635.png