Emby does not appear to be backing up my collections

zBernie
Go to solution Solved by zBernie,

zBernie

I just got the Emby backup plugin working.  Nice!   I see my playlists and user data backed up.  But I don't see any of my movie collections backed up.  I checked the files below, and there is no mention of my collections.  I did a recursive grep from the backup directory on down, and no references to my collections.

Are the collections supposed to be backed up?  I want to make sure, because they involve a lot of work!

./library/Collections
./library/Collections/options.xml

-Thanks

• Solution
zBernie

I just got the Emby backup plugin working.  Nice!   I see my playlists and user data backed up.  But I don't see any of my movie collections backed up.  I checked the files below, and there is no mention of my collections.  I did a recursive grep from the backup directory on down, and no references to my collections.

Are the collections supposed to be backed up?  I want to make sure, because they involve a lot of work!

./library/Collections
./library/Collections/options.xml

-Thanks

I believe I found the answer at the link below.  The collections are backed up in the library.db file.  

"/ProgramData/data/library.db This will backup saved configurations, installed plugins, collections you've created, playlists, display preferences and the user database."

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-backup

• Like 1