Emby identify some adult videos folders as tv shows in mixed content

Hugues

Hugues

Bonsoir  @cayars and thank you for your reply

Emby Server are on WHS 2011.I test that tomorrow.

Thanks

Hugues

Bonjour.

The fix you send to me do not apply to my system (WHS 2011) and anyway the disks must be empty to be able to mount a disk as a folder and I don't have 60TB for the temporary transfer of my files

StableBit Drive Pool is source of many issues and I planned to upgrade my old WHS server to server 2019.

I'm going to repeat myself, but why do the developers suppress the display of version 3 of the home videos library?

I neither know anything, but is it so difficult to restore this option?

this is all the more frustrating since after years of use say chaotic, Emby is now working perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know if DrivePool support WHS 2011 or not as that is a very old OS.  But it does not need empty discs to use it.  That's the beauty of it.

You add the drive to the pool, even if full.  DrivePool creates a hidden directory on that drive.  All you do is MOVE you content into that directory using FileExplorer and boom that content is now part of the pool.  So it's great to use even when you have full drives already.

The way things worked in V3 is GONE.  V4 went in  different direction that vastly improved speed and functionality of discs/libraries for the masses but did change a couple of things like how folders are displayed.

If you upgrade windows to 2019 try DrivePool as it will help you in this regard.

Hugues

Thanks for these info @ cayars.

if WHS 2011 is not recent it works perfectly for my use and yes stablebit released drive pool, if I remember correctly, just to compensate for the removal of the native function of the previous versions of WHS.

I used it at the beginning of 2011 and I had a lot of problems with it, irremediable loss of data and very many users considered this software not reliable and to read the forums it does not seem to improve this. In addition it did not free ($ 29.95)  https://community.covecube.com/index.php?/forum/9-general/

And why not an option in the mixed content library to completely deactivate the metadata graber.

In short, I am perplelex.

Thanks again for your attention.

DrivePool has vastly improved over the years. If you search around this forum you'll find a lot of people use it without any issues.

It was just an idea to show a way to help get a disc layout that would appear to Emby much simpler and would make the folder views much simpler.

Hugues

ok thanks @ cayar. as soon as i can i try Drivepool.
It is, I think, a good thing to have more people on the forum to try to solve the problems of the users.
Good late afternoon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2020 at 9:53 AM, Hugues said:

And why not an option in the mixed content library to completely deactivate the metadata graber.

There is. Have you explored the metadata fetcher settings for the library?

But you might be better of not using mixed content type but Home Videos type for this type of Content.

Hugues

Hi @ Luke and @cayar

20 hours ago, Luke said:

There is. Have you explored the metadata fetcher settings for the library?

Yes i do. in fact i ave all disabled.Emby still identify as TV Show or Movies my folders if it found name like "part ,episode ,Season 01...."or even name of adult movies.

I miss Something ?

Bonne soirée.

They were already identified before you turned them off correct?

• 2 weeks later...
Hugues

Bonsoir.

I know we are in the middle of summer, but I would be glad to help out.
Thank you.

skidmarks

I have issues sometimes using "mixed content" libraries.  On occasion a video folder will populate as a TV series when it is not.  If this is the case i delete the series.nfo file that is created and re-scan the folder.  It corrects itself.

Do not know if this is what you are experiencing...

skidmarks

I have not.  I use a lot of mixed content folders though.  None of it is for adult entertainment. 

There must be something in how you have the files labeled that is triggering emby to recognize the folders as tv series.  Without setting up your file structure correctly your results will most certainly be substandard and lackluster.

Setting the library to home videos is much more forgiving.

• Like 2

Hugues
2 hours ago, skidmarks said:

I have not.  I use a lot of mixed content folders though.  None of it is for adult entertainment. 

There must be something in how you have the files labeled that is triggering emby to recognize the folders as tv series.  Without setting up your file structure correctly your results will most certainly be substandard and lackluster.

Setting the library to home videos is much more forgiving.

For this library the structure is \\SERVER\lock #6\"adult site name" 

this is definitely not a folder structure problem.since V4 home videos library display my shares not my folders.

thanks

Hugues
1 hour ago, Luke said:

I thought the issue was with the folder browsing display and not metadata related?

you are right @Luke

skidmarks

Oh, my apologies.  I thought you were having issues with local mixed content libraries.  Some showing up as tv series.

This is definitely out of my wheel house.

Hugues

don't apologize @ skidmarks, the developers ask questions but don't seem to read the replies which, over time, makes this topic a little confusing. A first clear topic, it seems to me, never had clear reponce. to read if you have a little time: 

Bonne Journée.

Edited by Hugues

On 5/24/2020 at 3:24 PM, Hugues said:

Bonsoir.

In my mixed content library (200 folders) 6 are wrongly display as TV Show with seasons. All metadata scrapers are disabled for this Library.

Thank to help me

What are the names of the folders?

19 hours ago, Luke said:

What are the names of the folders?

Bonsoir

Site names.

ex:\\SERVER\Lock #8\X-Art

if Luke asks me which folders cause problems I only remember one "Marc Dorcel"

Edited by Hugues

19 hours ago, cayars said:

Is this using a home video or mixed library type now?

bonsoir

Home Videos.

let's keep it simple:
(1): is it possible to consider that Emby displays the home videos library as version 3?
(2): am I sure if I use mixed content with all scraper metadata disabled, Emby won't try to identify whatever it is?
Thank you.