Emby identify some adult videos folders as tv shows in mixed content

Hugues

Hugues

Bonsoir.

In my mixed content library (200 folders) 6 are wrongly display as TV Show with seasons. All metadata scrapers are disabled for this Library.

Thank to help me

Hi.  You will need to look at the folder and file naming for the ones being identified that way.  They probably somehow match our TV naming scheme.

If you don't need metadata, you may want to define that library as home videos.

Hi.  I can see a couple of your file names contain the key components to be identified as episodes.  They have text like "S11 E23" in them.

You may need to remove the library, scan, and then re-add the library.

I still suggest using Home Videos type...

• Like 1

Hugues

Follow your advice and it's OK. Thank's you.

but as you can see the folders ave no thumb.

post-2505-0-77394500-1590424853_thumb.jpg

post-2505-0-55466300-1590424868_thumb.jpg

Hi.  Please take care in posting pictures as we are a family site.  Thanks.

Hugues

bonjour.

Sorry for the screenshots, i hope i have not hit anyone. could you look into my problem.
thank you.

Hugues

Bonsoir.

as @ ebr say, Mixed content library is not a good choice for an Adult Library

Home Videos is the best choice, but emby Display My shares not my folders like V3 do before you change that.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72656-home-videos-and-photos-library/

Theater is realy cool that why i  take the Lifetime acount.Maybe i make a mistake.

Thank's for reply.

Edited by Hugues

Hugues
I add that to get a correct display of this library, I had to add the Folders (more than 200) one by one. This is not at all

practical, and if in this case Emby displays my files, it is not possible to change the display order (date, name ect ect)

Thank you

post-2505-0-30261400-1590675634_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hugues

I add that to get a correct display of this library, I had to add the Folders (more than 200) one by one. This is not at all
practical, and if in this case Emby displays my files, it is not possible to change the display order (date, name ect ect)
Thank you

What do you mean by add folders one by one?

Hugues

Bonsoir @@Luke.

If i just adding parent folders in home videos library, Emby display my shares not my folders.in this case \\SERVER\Lock #1 , \\SERVER\Lock #2, \\SERVER\Lock #3 , \\SERVER\Lock #4 ....

post-2505-0-49228900-1591210154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hugues

• 2 weeks later...
Hugues

Bonjour

If by the biggest chance emby team could help me to solve this problem ...
Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Hugues

Bonjour

If by the biggest chance emby team could help me to solve this problem ...
Thank you.

The issue is the way you present the media to Emby.  As you know V4 changed the way this works.

What you want to do is add ONE parent folder to the library and that's it.  If you add multiple folders you will get a parent folder for each share.

I don't know what type of storage you are using or how many actual servers you have the media on but if it's just one server you should be able to combine all discs to appear as one large drive/parent folder regardless of where the info is stored.

If running Windows DrivePool is great for this type of thing.  Otherwise you may need to try and resort to "Mount a drive as a folder" which is another way to do this in windows. Maybe take a look at this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/storage/disk-management/assign-a-mount-point-folder-path-to-a-drive

But basically you want to present the data to Emby in a different manner so you get the outcome you are looking for.

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1