Possible MBC Feature Request

godbodian

godbodian

I don't know where to put this, since you've guys created the new digs and I dont know if it was requested prior but is there a way to make a feature within the MBC configurator where MBS & MBC automatically detect the video aspect ratio (16:9 or 4:3) and in the event it's 4:3, automatically adjust the ratio to 16:9?

I was watching old movies with my kids the other day and thought it maybe nice if that was an option in the configurator.

Otherwise devs, good job all the way around with MB3. It's very well put together, given all the features and functionality it currently offers.

Adjust the ratio where and how?  I don't understand what you want to happen when you play one of these.

Logos302

I believe he means to zoom or stretch the picture so it fills the screen.  Like media center does if you set it to dynamic zoom.  

I believe he means to zoom or stretch the picture so it fills the screen.  Like media center does if you set it to dynamic zoom.  

But MBC playback is media center, so can't he do this already?

MrWebsmith

As Ebr suggests, yes you can use the "info" panel/button on most MCE remotes to get into these options during playback and set the item as you'd like

godbodian

I am completely aware of being able to alter the aspect settings by using WMC but what I was asking was is there a feature that, either you've created and I've overlooked or that can be created where it either automates that feature or some how does the same thing?

My reasoning for requesting this is, while I know it's small, whenever I'm watching a movie or show in 4:3 and I switch it to 16:9, often the switching back and forth is annoying as the WMC system has no internal reference for video or even it's playback, much like regular televisions. But most people have a preference, which is why cable services offer the ability through their providers and cable boxes.

I thought it would be a good feature, you guys could add as well.

MrWebsmith

considering that under wmc we're simply passing off the item/file to be played i don't *think* that there's too much that could be done here.. but the real word would come from ebr.

on my harmony remote i can program screen "buttons"/macros that can execute commands and im sure you could conceivably build a "1 press" control on a smarter remote like that to handle the annoyance on these files.

i tried googling a bit to see if you can force (maybe via regedit) mce to always do the dynamic zoom etc, but i was not successful in seeing a clear answer on the interwebs