Emby Premiere Worth it?

Kippenhof

Kippenhof
Emby Premiere worth it?

Hey Guys,

I just want you to ask if its Worth it to Buy Emby Premiere. This Question goes to the Community from Emby and people have been using the emby for a long time.

What are your favorite benefits from it? I have not that much Money and i dont know if i should buy Emby Premiere. Mainly I use Emby for my Private Movie and Tv Show Library some music but no Live TV etc.

Kippenhof

Emby Premiere worth it?

Hey Guys,

I just want you to ask if its Worth it to Buy Emby Premiere. This Question goes to the Community from Emby and people have been using the emby for a long time.

What are your favorite benefits from it? I have not that much Money and i dont know if i should buy Emby Premiere. Mainly I use Emby for my Private Movie and Tv Show Library some music but no Live TV etc.

tdiguy

Emby Premiere worth it?

Hey Guys,

I just want you to ask if its Worth it to Buy Emby Premiere. This Question goes to the Community from Emby and people have been using the emby for a long time.

Personally I use emby for almost all the entertainment in the house including live TV. It saves me a bit of money and it allows me to really be in control of my recordings. If I want to take some movies on the go it's no problem. My recordings are not stored encrypted I can play them on almost anything and can set up parental controls as I wish. Buying lifetime premier is well worth it in my eyes but I suggest people buy 1 month first to really give it a try and decide. I know there is a free trial period for a few days, but I think for most a few days is not long enough to get to know emby.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mkilbride

Hard to say. 120 bucks. I got it because of a few reasons. So far I haven't really used anything besides HW Transcoding. The DVD Covers is kind of nice I guess, because I have other people who use my server and I can't offer up 4K content(low upload), so having it say "Blu-ray" and "ultra 4K" HD right on the logo image makes it easier for them not to have to guess what they can play or not.

Being able to download to any device is nice, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work too well for me, but that could be because my Tablet is pretty weak. The "Optimized" version thing is hard to say. I tried it out and I ended up getting a really pixelated mess.

Besides that it doesn't offer much. It's kind of lame that the "Theme music" plugin costs money / Premiere membership, but you need to supply your own theme music, unlike Plex, which has a licensed library...that even free users get. Yet it costs Premiere here and you need to provide it yourself. :P

Overall I did it to support them as the road Plex was going down kind of sucked...oh and I like the UI a lot more here.

• Like 1