Live tv stop working until a reboot

swenth

swenth

M3U simultaneous stream limit has been reached but there is nobody using it. it happen every 1-2 days
a quick reboot solve this issues

my limit is set to 3

*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.5.0.11
Command line: C:\Users\nt_ou\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///C:/Users/nt_ou/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4
Processor count: 8
Program data path: C:\Users\nt_ou\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\nt_ou\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: M3U simultaneous stream limit has been reached.
   at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.M3UTunerHost.GetChannelStream(TunerHostInfo info, ChannelInfo channelInfo, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.LiveTV
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2020-05-23 18:35:21.738 Error HttpServer: Error processing request

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.5.0.11

Command line: C:\Users\nt_ou\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp

Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

User Interactive: True

Runtime: file:///C:/Users/nt_ou/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll

System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4

Processor count: 8

Program data path: C:\Users\nt_ou\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata

Application directory: C:\Users\nt_ou\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system

MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException' was thrown.

at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider(String channelId, String streamId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannelStream(String id, String mediaSourceId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.OpenMediaSource(String openToken, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStream(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.OpenMediaSource(OpenMediaSource request)

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.GetPlaybackInfo(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.Post(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Source: Emby.LiveTV

TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Edited by swenth

revengineer

Emby not being able to keep accurate track of number of connections has been a long standing issue. It seems to happen when I stream is not properly disconnected (e.g., app crashes). The only workaround I found was to disable the limit (set to zero) and manually ensure that the number is not exceeded. Here, it is just one person watching the foreign IPTV, but I only have a 1 stream limit, so I have to check before watching whether a recording is scheduled while I watch. It's a pain, but I am not holding my breath for a fix anymore.

You may want to try submitting your complete logs to Luke. The snippet you post is not helpful. Make sure you filter your IP login info from the log. Sending via PM may be best.

swenth

Yea thanks for reply. Removing limit isn't a problem I could send this to pm if needed because it contain m3u urls

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

swenth

Hi there, can we please look at an example? Please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

sent via pm's

• 2 months later...

@swenth can you please list the sequence of events that cause this, from the time you startup the server, to the time the problem occurs? In other words, what exactly do i need to do to reproduce? Thanks.

• 1 year later...
NailClipper
On 5/25/2020 at 8:58 PM, revengineer said:

Emby not being able to keep accurate track of number of connections has been a long standing issue. It seems to happen when I stream is not properly disconnected (e.g., app crashes). The only workaround I found was to disable the limit (set to zero) and manually ensure that the number is not exceeded. Here, it is just one person watching the foreign IPTV, but I only have a 1 stream limit, so I have to check before watching whether a recording is scheduled while I watch. It's a pain, but I am not holding my breath for a fix anymore.

You may want to try submitting your complete logs to Luke. The snippet you post is not helpful. Make sure you filter your IP login info from the log. Sending via PM may be best.

Is there any efforts were done to fix this? I am currently having the issue. After a while, it throws error like in original post. Disable simultaneous stream limit solves the issue right away.

Sorry for reviving an old thread tho, but you described the issue in detail.

27 minutes ago, NailClipper said:

Is there any efforts were done to fix this? I am currently having the issue. After a while, it throws error like in original post. Disable simultaneous stream limit solves the issue right away.

Sorry for reviving an old thread tho, but you described the issue in detail.

Hi.  The next server release (current beta) should have improvements here.

• Like 1