Unable to Convert Any Media - Probably Filesystem Permissions

dyecast

dyecast

1)  Server is a new build with data transferred over from the old server completed yesterday.

2)  I've set the file system permissions on the Emby media folder and subfolder to 777.

3)  The former Windows 10 PC can do this without incident.

I'm trying to convert my existing media to other formats and bandwidths as DirectPlan on my LAN is almost always terrible.  The conversion always fails.  I'm not seeing even the attempt in the logs no any errors in the logs, but it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't a permission issue.

Is there a particular log file I can pull to get additional details?

dyecast

See attachments and screenshots.

I'm doing this from my Brave browser on Win10 B1909.

I get the same results doing it from FF on the same PC.  I tried this with Three Amigos.

HOWEVER!!!

When I do the same steps from the Emby app on my iPhone, it seems to go through.  I tried this with the movie Brave.  Now I get two entries for the same movie.  See attached screenshots.

It's a double issue now.

All-Logs.zip

post-658095-0-31876300-1590291750_thumb.png

post-658095-0-19335800-1590291756_thumb.png

post-658095-0-08017200-1590291907_thumb.png

post-658095-0-67195700-1590291977_thumb.png

Edited by dyecast

dyecast

It would seem so.  Brave and FF.  I'm thinking it might be my PC overall. The end goal is to create multiple bitrate files per video.

The hosted web app does not require Emby Connect and it still provides a direct connection to your server.

dyecast

I'm confused.  It looks like I'm signing up for Emby Connect.  I don't presently have a login.  What/how am I testing?

dyecast

I get it now..Duh!  I used the online website and logged in successfully.

Conversion failed instantly still.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@dyecast I'm not able to reproduce this anymore, however, I can reproduce something that might cause you to think something is wrong.

If you select a file for conversion, and the source file already matches the criteria that you're converting to, then it ends up showing as failed. Essentially the conversion gets skipped because there's nothing to do, and the failure message is erroneous.

Is this what you're running into?

dyecast

No.  I'm converting from a much higher bit rate file down into several lower bit rate files in both Mobile and TV formats.

As a side and possibly related note, I'm constantly having issues with a video file is being steamed Directly Plan on my LAN with both devices connected via short CAT6 cables.  Little odd.  If I force a bitrate or quality anything other than Direct Play, it will work okay.

dyecast
2 hours ago, dyecast said:

No.  I'm converting from a much higher bit rate file down into several lower bit rate files in both Mobile and TV formats.

As a side and possibly related note, I'm constantly having issues with a video file is being steamed Directly Plan on my LAN with both devices connected via short CAT6 cables.  Little odd.  If I force a bitrate or quality anything other than Direct Play, it will work okay.

Which is what led me to I'll convert everything and move the originals elsewhere.

I'm converting from a much higher bit rate file down into several lower bit rate files in both Mobile and TV formats.

But you didn't do that because in your screenshot above you've selected original quality.

dyecast
On 7/15/2020 at 9:11 AM, Luke said:

But you didn't do that because in your screenshot above you've selected original quality.

Was I lying?

I'm just commenting based on the example that you showed me. Can we look at an example where you specified a quality?