How do I remove this stupid popup with next episode information? Also Playlists no longer work!

thesnappysneezer

thesnappysneezer

One of the reasons I use Emby is that when I am playing a tv series it just plays the next episode smoothly. Unfortunately all of a sudden there are now pop ups when my file is about to end with information about the next episode. How do I stop this tv show obscuring pop up? I know what is going to play next! I do not need this pop up to tell me. I want to see the actual end of my show. Why is this there? Why did you add it? Please remove it or tell me how. Previously, Emby has been smoothly playing all tv episodes without a pop up, except for the little bar with runtime which I also wish to not have appear on screen while simply playing my programs, but this big on screen text with a next episode button is completely unnecessary. How do I remove this? 

Also Video playlists no longer work! They performed disappointingly before, they never auto played the next video in the playlist and never noted that a video in the playlist had previously been played like the phone app does or did, I need to check that again. Now when I select a video play list I get a message that says

Unable to fetch data
Line: 37
't.addEventListener("abort",r)',"t.addEventListener' is undefined)

I have about a 100 play lists of short films I do not wish to lose access to. At least I could access my playlist and view the list of films in order, but now I can not even do that.

What has happened?I did just update to the latest version of Apple TV 4K

tvOS 13.4.5 (17L562)

According to Apple TV, the Emby version is

Version 1.4.5.22 en-US

Edited by thesnappysneezer

corey

One of the reasons I use Emby is that when I am playing a tv series it just plays the next episode smoothly. Unfortunately all of a sudden there are now pop ups when my file is about to end with information about the next episode. How do I stop this tv show obscuring pop up? I know what is going to play next! I do not need this pop up to tell me.

Hi @@thesnappysneezer --

One of the things that changed this release was defaulting to the Apple Native player. This player happens to have the Up Next menu which currently doesn't respect your profile setting. You can change back to the MPV-based player by going to Settings -> Playback Settings -> Enable MPV. The MPV player doesn't have the Up Next screen so that may be a sufficient workaround at the moment.

Unable to fetch data

Line: 37

't.addEventListener("abort",r)',"t.addEventListener' is undefined)

Thank you for sharing this error as it's very helpful in troubleshooting. I'll take a look and hopefully we'll get this bug fixed up very soon.

Thanks again!

Edited by corey
  • Like 1

thesnappysneezer

Hi @@thesnappysneezer --

One of the things that changed this release was defaulting to the Apple Native player. This player happens to have the Up Next menu which currently doesn't respect your profile setting. You can change back to the MPV-based player by going to Settings -> Playback Settings -> Enable MPV. The MPV player doesn't have the Up Next screen so that may be a sufficient workaround at the moment.

Thank you for sharing this error as it's very helpful in troubleshooting. For the time being I'd recommend switching to the MPV player as it didn't receive any playlist adjustments in this release. Either way we should be able to get this bug fixed up very soon.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the quick reply. I will do as you suggest. I have another question though about the playlist, this has been a main concern to me for over a year. Will you ever make the playlist in the Apple App like the playlist in the phone app and the web browser, so that when a video finishes playing in a playlist, the next video in the playlist will automatically play after it? And will you make it to where when viewing the list of titles in a playlist, there would be an indication that the videos have been played if they have been played? The video playlist has only ever half functioned in the AppleTV app. 

thesnappysneezer

So I went in the So I went into Settings > Playback Settings > Enable MPV and it needed a restart. It is Checked. I restarted it, I go to my playlists and I get the same error I had before. 

Hi @@thesnappysneezer --

Thank you for sharing this error as it's very helpful in troubleshooting. I'll take a look and hopefully we'll get this bug fixed up very soon.

Thanks again!

corey

So I went in the So I went into Settings > Playback Settings > Enable MPV and it needed a restart. It is Checked. I restarted it, I go to my playlists and I get the same error I had before. 

@@thesnappysneezer -- I found the issue with playlists and have a fix in the works. It should be available very soon!

corey

@@thesnappysneezer

Will you ever make the playlist in the Apple App like the playlist in the phone app and the web browser, so that when a video finishes playing in a playlist, the next video in the playlist will automatically play after it?

When viewing a playlist if you select the Play button it should play the whole video playlist. Are you selecting an item in the list and then expecting the next one to play? If so I can add that as a feature enhancement for a future release.

And will you make it to where when viewing the list of titles in a playlist, there would be an indication that the videos have been played if they have been played?

I've added this to our internal tracking as a feature enhancement so we don't lose sight of it.

thesnappysneezer

@@thesnappysneezer

When viewing a playlist if you select the Play button it should play the whole video playlist. Are you selecting an item in the list and then expecting the next one to play? If so I can add that as a feature enhancement for a future release.

I've added this to our internal tracking as a feature enhancement so we don't lose sight of it.

Yes, See I have several large playlists of short subjects, or films or a mix of tv episodes. I don't watch them all in one sitting, but I am viewing them in a specific release order. I often chose the 4th or 5th  or 6th film in a playlist and expect the next film to play automatically after it, basically like a series of tv episodes. In the Apple TV app it just goes back to the playlist and there is no indicator there as to what has been played or not played in the list. When I have watched these on my phone or pc, I have not had this issue, but I generally do not use those for viewing. 

thesnappysneezer

@@thesnappysneezer

We just released a new version (.23) that should fix the playlist issue. If you restart the app it should get the latest version.

Thank you, I can now see my playlists. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/23/2020 at 12:24 AM, thesnappysneezer said:

Yes, See I have several large playlists of short subjects, or films or a mix of tv episodes. I don't watch them all in one sitting, but I am viewing them in a specific release order. I often chose the 4th or 5th  or 6th film in a playlist and expect the next film to play automatically after it, basically like a series of tv episodes. In the Apple TV app it just goes back to the playlist and there is no indicator there as to what has been played or not played in the list. When I have watched these on my phone or pc, I have not had this issue, but I generally do not use those for viewing. 

This should be fixed in our most recent release (1.4.6).

thesnappysneezer
10 hours ago, corey said:

This should be fixed in our most recent release (1.4.6).

Thank you so much! You just made my life easier!