How to differentiate between 3 Playstation 4s

redvers76

redvers76

We have 3x PS4s in the house and I want each one to map to a different user in Emby when connecting via DLNA.

I created 3x profiles copied from the PS4 profile, and amended them based on the Friendly Name (the names the consoles use on the network) but all three still map to the first profile.

Using the debug logs I have been able to get the three different device IDs but no matter which of the identification criteria I put it in, it doesn't seem to work.

I also tried adding an entry under HTTP Headers but couldn't get anything to work there, either.

Any thoughts on how I get this to work?

redvers76

Hi, what about serial number?

Tried that ... although just with the device ID pasted in; does it need anything to turn it into a matching expression eg *deviceidlotsofchars* ?

redvers76

I gave it a go, sadly no luck. Trying again today, using the PS4Pro in the lounge (easier to play around with), and even with the asterisk around the device ID in the serial number field, it doesn't match it.

[edit for clarification: have tried both with and without the asterisk, same result both times]

Attached are the profiles for the LoungePS4 which is should be picking up, and the BensPS4 which it is inadvertently picking up.

Also attached is the relevant bit from the logs file... IP address are 192.168.0.10 for Emby, .51 for my laptop used to configure the server, and .20 for LoungePS4.

All the devices have static IP addresses, so if I could use the incoming IP address to determine the profile, it would be even easier :D

BensPS4.xml

LoungePS4.xml

embyserver.txt

Edited by redvers76

Did you try using the exact serial number rather than a regex? Also you've provided Identification for the Play To feature, meaning remote control from an Emby app.

When browsing from the PS4 directly, you'll need to use http headers, so you'll need something in there that can uniquely identify them.

redvers76

Assuming by serial number you mean the device ID presented to Emby, then yes I used just the device id. That didn't work.

When I have three identical PS4s that are differentiated by their IP address, device name & serial number, I am not sure there is anything in the HTTP headers that I can see in the logs that can be used to differentiate between them...

It isn't clear that the Identification section I've filled out relates to "DLNA Play To" rather than "Determine which DLNA profile to use" ... so where specifically within the profile should I be putting the "Which profile to use?" identification tags?

Ideally you should specify both. If the http headers are always the same then this might not be possible right now. I suppose we'd have to provide a way to match based on ip address.

redvers76

Ideally you should specify both. If the http headers are always the same then this might not be possible right now. I suppose we'd have to provide a way to match based on ip address.

That's how it works with Serviio, which I have moved over from. I'm not too fussed about the lack of a proper PS4 app as long as I can control who has access to which media :D