pwhodges

Do you mean something other than the samples from post #10, which I experimented with a bit after you asked?

Paul

henning65

@Vicpa: I tried to reproduce your setting - but failed - I would be glad, if you could have a minute to help me out

I followed your settings, I erased plugins, which are not in your setting. 

5ed7f61c5a34c_Bildschirmfoto20200603um205ed7f632e3dad_Bildschirmfoto20200603um205ed7f648ecc49_Bildschirmfoto20200603um205ed7f65a5cead_Bildschirmfoto20200603um205ed7f66f42ed1_Bildschirmfoto20200603um205ed7f68219dae_Bildschirmfoto20200603um205ed7f69303801_Bildschirmfoto20200603um20

Within emby, the following plugins are installed:

- Bluray Folder Support

- Cinema Intros

- Dlna

- Dvd Folder Support

- Fanart.tv

- IMVDb

- Iso Mounter

- MovieDB

- MusicBrainz 1.0.13.0

- NFO Metadata 1.0.30.0

- OMDb

- Open Subtitles

- Port Mapper

- SmartPlaylist 0.9.1.0

- Studio Images

- TheAudioDb 1.0.10.0

- TheTVDB

- Webhooks

Yours

Henning

Vicpa

Hi @@henning65

I will try :)

Can you add a few more details to "@Vicpa: I tried to reproduce your setting - but failed" What happened?  

henning65

Archiv.zip

Hi @@Vicpa

I tested emby with two album. Within emby only one artist and album artist is recognized. A bit strange: When I first introduced one of the album, a second artist "Keith Jarrett" appear - but without picture and proper link within emby. Now - even this is gone.

I do have no idea why I can't reproduce your results. Do you think it might be related to the plugins within emby? Maybe the emby plugin of MusicBrainz is causing the trouble?

Within the nfo files: also only one artist is listed!

Please find enclosed a zip with four files

two audio files & two nfo files.

Yours

Henning

henning65

Hi @@Vicpa

@@Luke (please have a look)

to rule out the influence of any emby-plugin I erased all of them.

In a second step I rescaned two album with Picard (your settings) and moved them to emby and rescaned emby.

NOW: the first performer (and the composer) from the album are listed!

My findings indicate, that the file album.nfo significantly differs from before (deleting emby plugins).

I believe the nfo file is the substructure for emby. 

Some more details for the album: Carl Orff: Carmina Burana

the nfo file includes

- musicbrainzreleasegroupid: 2102f9dc-bd3d-39cb-9b24-05fdc1a51a4f (==> here the nfo file lists correctly the ReleaseGroupID

- musicbrainsalbumartistid: 0b3ee6cd-a2df-4144-adf9-7807ee7ecc4f (==> here the nfo file lists the ID for Carl Orff which is WRONG, it should be a list of ID (including Carl Orff)

- musicbrainzalbumid: 4260cb0b-1fc0-4bdb-a409-e9c934b767f7

- audiodbartistid: 119123

- audiodbalbumid: 2158958

But the Artist / Albumartist information still has mistakes! In the nfo-file it reads:

<artist>Carl Orff</artist>

@@Luke: I believe emby takes the track artist [the MusicBrainz field "Track artist" (in my example that would be: ce324ab3-8b80-4b10-bc67-8bb83f5ee514] as <Artist>

Which is a logic procedure - but ignores the special handling of classical music within Musicbrainz: https://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Classical 

I do believe it would be more accurate if Musicbrainz would change the content of the track artist from "Composer" to "Release artist" (and would even keep the composer in its special field composer)

My theory still doesn't explain why Barbara Hendricks is listed as artist in the first place! Within the nfo file she is only AlbumArtist

<albumartist>Carl Orff</albumartist>
  <albumartist>Barbara Hendricks, Jeffrey Black, Michael Chance, The Choristers of the Cathedral and Abbey Church of St. Alban, London Philharmonic Chorus, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Franz Welser-Möst</albumartist>
@@Luke: I believe emby takes the Release Artist as Album Artist. Which is a logical procedure - but ignores the special handling of classical music within Musicbrainz. Within Musicbrainz the composer is separated from performers by "; ", the performers are separated from each other by ", ".

I believe emby is able to interpret the separator "; " but emby isn't able to interpret ", " within list of artists. This results in the correct interpretation of "Carl Orff" as Album Artist and explains the second AlbumArtist "Barbara Hendricks". Everything behind the separator "," I guess was simply ignored by emby.
(I changed the audio file tag with the application "Metadatics" from separator ", " to "; ": as expected all artist show up in emby.)

In the result, emby finds two Album Artists: Carl Orff and Barbara Hendricks and falsely ignores Jeffrey Black, Michael Chance, The Choristers of the Cathedral and Abbey Church of St. Alban, London Philharmonic Chorus, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Franz Welser-Möst
B) isn't able to deliver correctly on Barbara Hendricks.

A way forward (@@Luke)
  • emby should support the composer tag. That's not a solution to all problems, but I guess it's easy to establish.
  • emby should support metadata fields with multiple values. I guess the mismatching of the albumartistid (see above: emby used the ID for Carl Off instead the multi value provided by MusicBrainz) caused the problems down the line with correct matching and fetching pictures / background information for performers (Barbara Hendricks...) To learn more about multiple values I went back to the audio file and open it with a text application: I could locate the "MusicBrainz Album Artis ID4data" the values are separated by "4data" ==> This might be easy to implement?!

Yours

Henning

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Vicpa

Hi @Luke

No I didn't see any real issue with these tracks.

I think it is another example of the way emby handles multiple album artists that have multiple MBids. (attributes the album only one of the artists) 

Bug, issue, or opportunity depending on your point of view.  

-vicpa

5 hours ago, Vicpa said:

Hi @Luke

No I didn't see any real issue with these tracks.

I think it is another example of the way emby handles multiple album artists that have multiple MBids. (attributes the album only one of the artists) 

Bug, issue, or opportunity depending on your point of view.  

-vicpa

Is the track tagged with multiple album artist names?

Vicpa

Hi Luke

The track i looked at is tagged the way it appears on Musicbrainz. 

1035174264_Annotation2020-06-24153056.jpg.ac37fddb5e39bd9f255dc83d007d7b24.jpg

616306726_Annotation2020-06-24153144.jpg.53184d537a14ff4ac676648e07dffb52.jpg

Multiple album artists -- JS Bach; Keith Jarret

Artist JS Bach.

henning65

@Luke

May I ask for your advice: What is the best way to handle such tracks? And does emby support such metadata somehow?

Yours

Henning

We already support all of that, we just don't currently use the subsequent mbz IDs for metadata retrieval but we are working to add that.

• 5 months later...