IPTV m3u tuner issue on recent version of emby for apple tv

sezsat
Go to solution Solved by corey,

sezsat

Hi,

just updated my apple tv app of emby, but now the IPTV thru m3u tuner is not working, was working on the previous version of the app. also iptv works fine on ipad/iphone app and web browser, but totally not working on apple tv.

thanks.

sezsat

just an update, iptv is still working, you just have to press the play button from the apple tv remote, i thought its broken, its just that the logos i put on each channel is gone.

Hi, can you please describe the problem a little bit more and how it is different from the previous version? Thanks.

sezsat

Hi, can you please describe the problem a little bit more and how it is different from the previous version? Thanks.

@@Luke

i created a custom transparent png logos for our iptv channels and was added to each channels thru the edit images option for each and then just adding the logo, it was displaying fine on the previous version of the emby apple tv app, once updated, iptv still works, needed to adapt to the new way of selecting and playing a channel, but the logos are not being displayed, its all blank, but on ipad/iphone app and on web browsers, the logos displays just fine.

just wanted to know if there is a specific dimension i could follow in order to make the logos display again?

Edited by sezsat

Hi.  Can you please show us two pictures - one of the Apple TV not showing the logos and one of the exact same page in the web app that is showing them?

Thanks.

Thanks.  You said you created these as custom images.  So you uploaded them to  each channel using the web interface?  If so, what type of image did you create them as?  If it is something other than "Primary" can you try creating one as Primary and see if that works?

corey

@@sezsat

If you can capture a screenshot of the Edit Images page for a channel from the webapp that’d be helpful. Thanks!

sezsat

@@sezsat

If you can capture a screenshot of the Edit Images page for a channel from the webapp that’d be helpful. Thanks!

5ec9dde0e2004_Capture2.jpg

@@corey

the logo is already set as primary in the web app, but still not displaying in the apple tv app. But it was displaying just fine with the previous version on emby for apple tv.

sezsat

Thanks.  You said you created these as custom images.  So you uploaded them to  each channel using the web interface?  If so, what type of image did you create them as?  If it is something other than "Primary" can you try creating one as Primary and see if that works?

@@ebr

yes I made each logo and uploaded them to each channel using the web interface. i used transparent png to that it looks great on apple tv. each logo is set as the primary image, no other images per channel. all logo were displaying fine with the previous version of emby app for apple tv, just this recent version that it didn't display the logo, although the logos were being displayed with you are on the guide tab.

I also did an experiment with my backup emby server and removed the iptv m3u and re-did everything, adding logos as primary image for each channel but to no avail, still not displaying on apple tv when i pointed the emby for apple tv to my backup server.

even tried reinstalling the emby for apple tv app, but still same issue.

Edited by sezsat

sezsat

I will try a shotgun approach just as experiment, will use a logo for every option in the edit images, from primary, logo, backdrop, so on.

sezsat

I will try a shotgun approach just as experiment, will use a logo for every option in the edit images, from primary, logo, backdrop, so on.

Still no logo being displayed  :( . Btw my apple tv 4K is on tvOs 13.4.5 

also on the other thread, vdatanet tested the the logo i've uploaded and it works on his apple tv (probably his emby app was not updated yet, still waiting for his reply), not sure why it wasn't working on my side on the new version of emby apple tv app.

Update, got a reply from vdatanet, he was using the latest emby app and tvos 13.4.5 logo is working fine on his side.

addional info on my side:

main emby server is a QNAP TVS-1282T3 (i7 7700, 32 gb ram, 63TB) also serves as multimedia storage.

backup emby server is Ryzen 7 2600, 16 gb ram, 2GB 1050, 500gb SSD.

i have a spare apple tv 4k with tvos 13.4.5 but app updates were disabled, previous emby app installed and all logo displays fine.

Edited by sezsat

Can you bring up the channel page in the Apple TV app that isn't showing these images and then immediately grab the server log file and attach it here?

Thanks.

sezsat

Can you bring up the channel page in the Apple TV app that isn't showing these images and then immediately grab the server log file and attach it here?

Thanks.

@@ebr

Attached is the logs from my main and backup server, got it after bringing up the channel page in the apple tv.

embyserver Main.txt

embyserver BackupServer.txt

vdatanet

I confirm if there's no guide data, logo is not shown. I've added a new channel without guide data, I've changed its logo and Emby for Apple TV is not showing the logo. Maybe the app is trying to paint the progress bar and as there no guide data action is not done. The previous version did not have the progress bar.

Edited by vdatanet

sezsat

I confirm if there's no guide data, logo is not shown. I've added a new channel without guide data, I've changed its logo and Emby for Apple is not showing the logo.

ah that's probably why, i really don't know where or how to get or add guide data for the m3u that we use especially in our geographical location/ locale and some are just local pc and macmini being broadcasted on some channels thru udp (local iptv), as the m3u was custom made for our use, like homebrew iptv. i hope the devs can atleast make it work like the previous version of the emby for apple tv app.

Edited by sezsat

sezsat

I've added this as a bug to our internal tracking system so it's not forgotten.

Thank you @@corey

as of right now, we testing nvidia shield and mibox 3 4K android tv box, everything works and the channel logos displays fine in android except when viewing an iptv channel, it takes a bit of loading time before it can output the channel being viewed (like on apple tv when MPV is disabled), in apple tv as long as MPV is enabled, channel viewing is like instant, change channel and the output displays fast, that's the only downside of android.

Edited by sezsat

• Solution
corey

@@sezsat --

We just pushed a new release (.24) that should hopefully address the channel logo issue. Can you restart the app and confirm?

Thanks!

• Like 1

sezsat

@@sezsat --

We just pushed a new release (.24) that should hopefully address the channel logo issue. Can you restart the app and confirm?

Thanks!

@@corey

Thank you so much, Confirmed, its fixed.