NEW APPLE TV APP - DEGRADED

twbemt1399

twbemt1399

Downloaded the new Apple TV app for Emby with the hope of a better grid for liveTv. Before I start. I was a plex user for years until they pulled their pluggin features. I wasnt able to use M3u files within their platform. Your platform can do alot of things I like.  I use both Android and AppleTv and i love the android Tv grid.  The apple tv grid is terrible.

The biggest issue or grip i have now... some of the channels i have displayed in the grid may not have EPG programming data, but I know the channels are active, but since the new apple tv app and no program data so no option to view/play those channels. I had to go the andriod app and mark those channels as favorites or add those channels to a collections folder and then i can go back to the apple platform and view those channels without program data and now grid data population is slow.

This new apple update in my opinion has set the appleTV usage back. Please allow the same features on the Apple Tv apps as the same for Android.

Edited by twbemt1399

Hi.  Can you please explain why you are unable to see your channels without program data?

magelo

The latest AppleTV version has, for me, some problems that wasn't there before :

With MPV disabled: an HEVC 4K HDR movie with English and French sound tracks, while playing the movie, bringing with a swipe down the floating menu, the player only sees one, named unknown. for subtitles the previous version was doing a better job too showing regular subs and forced subs.

With MPV enabled: same movie, sound tracks are correctly shown and subs too, but the video render is really ugly.

On plus side, I don't get stuck on a "starting" or "loading" (can't remember the exact message) when using multiple times the home button to return to the apple home screen and no more kill app because of this message, trying to return in Emby... which was not wife friendly...

Multi users switching is less confusing in my opinion than before, but still not great.

Edited by magelo

twbemt1399

Hi.  Can you please explain why you are unable to see your channels without program data?

On the Andriod app.. if the liveTv grid doesnt have any EPG data you can still click in the grid box and a popup page will appear with an option to play that video regardless.

On the Apple app same setup. when you click on a Live Tv grid block that does not have any EPG programming and it says "No Program Data Available" you click on it and no popup box with any options to press play.

Just because some of the channels do not display EPG data doesnt mean those channels are not active. With the Apple app you cannot view Live Tv grid programming period with out EPG data showing.

This is not good.

Again my option the Andriod app is far superior in performance than the app TV app.

Edited by twbemt1399

On the Andriod app.. if the liveTv grid doesnt have any EPG data you can still click in the grid box and a popup page will appear with an option to play that video regardless.

On the Apple app same setup. when you click on a Live Tv grid block that does not have any EPG programming and it says "No Program Data Available" you click on it and no popup box with any options to press play.

Just because some of the channels do not display EPG data doesnt mean those channels are not active. With the Apple app you cannot view Live Tv grid programming period with out EPG data showing.

This is not good.

Again my option the Andriod app is far superior in performance than the app TV app.

Hi.  What happens if you press the play button on your remote when on one of those channels?

twbemt1399

Hi.  What happens if you press the play button on your remote when on one of those channels?

Ok that was change from the old app. I now have to press the play button on the apple remote from grid blocks that dont have EPG data. I can live with that. sorry for the up roar. Any sugguestions for the slow delay LiveTv grip EPG population?

Any sugguestions for the slow delay LiveTv grip EPG population?

This is an initial implementation.  Our hope is to continually improve it.

Thanks for the feedback.

sfatula

Ok that was change from the old app. I now have to press the play button on the apple remote from grid blocks that dont have EPG data. I can live with that. sorry for the up roar. Any sugguestions for the slow delay LiveTv grip EPG population?

You can also play your channel from the channels tab without the guide. 

sezsat

guys,

is there any size/dimension requirements for the IPTV channel logos to be displayed on the apple tv app of emby? mine was displaying my custom made logos for each channels on the previous version of the emby app for apple tv, but now, channel logos are all blank, it only displays the logo when i select the guide option.

btw, my channel logos displays fine on web browser and ipad/iphone app.

Edited by sezsat

corey

guys,

is there any size/dimension requirements for the IPTV channel logos to be displayed on the apple tv app of emby? mine was displaying my custom made logos for each channels on the previous version of the emby app for apple tv, but now, channel logos are all blank, it only displays the logo when i select the guide option.

btw, my channel logos displays fine on web browser and ipad/iphone app.

@@sezsat -- I'll take a look at this and get back to you!

corey

@@sezsat --

I was able to change the primary image of a channel and it showed up in the app just fine. Can you confirm a few things for me please?

1. Are you not seeing logos on the Channels tab?

2. What type of image are you uploading, if not primary?

Thanks!

sezsat

@@sezsat --

I was able to change the primary image of a channel and it showed up in the app just fine. Can you confirm a few things for me please?

1. Are you not seeing logos on the Channels tab?

2. What type of image are you uploading, if not primary?

Thanks!

@@corey

i did tried to change the primary image for each channels just to see if it will fix the logo issue, but unfortunately the logos are still blank on the apple tv app. (ipad/iphone app and web browsers works just fine)

1. yes i am not seeing the logos in the channels tab, its displaying on the guide tab.

2. custom transparent png (400x240 dimension)

please tell me what dimension you used, thank you.

Edited by sezsat

corey

@@sezsat

Thanks for the information. If you can:

1. Capture a screenshot of your Apple TV so I can see what you mean by not seeing the logos

2. Upload one of the images you used here so I can try it.

Thanks!

sezsat

@@corey

this is what it looks like now, notice also on the 2nd photo, logos appear when on guide tab.

5ec9048d700e2_IMG_4699.jpg

5ec904bd792b4_IMG_4700.jpg

Below is the PNG file i used for logos

5ec904cddee76_ss1hd.png

corey

@@sezsat

Is your server exposed to the Internet? If so if you wouldn’t mind PMing me details so I can troubleshoot on my own device that’d be great.

Thanks!

sezsat

@@sezsat

Is your server exposed to the Internet? If so if you wouldn’t mind PMing me details so I can troubleshoot on my own device that’d be great.

Thanks!

@@corey

i will need to sort things out first with our network guy, as i am not sure why my main server and backup emby server is using the same public ip for remote connection, not sure if it will work if i disabled the backup server for the meantime.

will let you know.

Okay, looks like we're talking about the same thing in two threads now...  As I suggested in the other one, I think maybe you defined actual "Logo" images for these channels instead of "Primary" ones.  The Apple TV app doesn't have a Logo view for the channel grid.  So, if you duplicate (or just move) those images to Primary ones, I think it will work for you.

vdatanet

I've replaced the logo of one channel with your logo and it works:

5ec95007ea45c_Capturadepantalla20200523a

5ec95019ccf9a_Capturadepantalla20200523a

OriginTest

So, before the update my system worked flawless since the update I have titles that won't play and I have other devices all work fine. I have had to Uninstall and reinstall several times just to get something to play this is extremely frustrating. My apple tv is brand new as well

so then we get stuck not being able to use the system. I want my old system app back.

Hi, did you try the advice mentioned earlier about the mpv player option?

What turn it off?

Please try enabling the mpv player option to make it perform more like the previous release.

OriginTest

No its not working. Here is the thing I was using it fine today then just randomly it starts to do this it took a full Uninstall everytime.