How can i convert .mkv AAC 5.1 to .mkv AC3 5.1 or other solution ?

braindead

braindead

Hello,

I have a new soundbar Samsung Q70R 3.1 with 2 rear speakers SWA-8500S, the result is a good 5.1 sound but i have a problem with one type of file.

When i read .MKV with AAC 5.1 sound, the volume level is very low and the rear speakers duplicate the stereo sound, the result is disgusting  :wacko:  

But, when i read .MKV files with AC3 5.1, DD 5.1, DD+ 5.1/7.1,  TrueHD 5.1/7.1 the result is perfect  :) 

Today, after all the research on google i don't find any solution to convert audio directly from emby or something else.

if you have a solution other than media conversion i am a taker.

I'm new in this world, if someone can turn on my light i will be grateful.

My NAS configuration : 

Synology DS218+ (6.2.2)

Emby Server (4.2.2.0)

At Home : 

Samsung HW-Q70R + SWA-8500S

Conected on the TV with HDMI ARC (i try optical cable too = same result)

TV : Hisense H65U8B

Emby Client : 1.7.92g

Android TV : 8.0.0

Kernel : 4.9.96 ubuntu@ip-10-133-57-91 #1

*Sorry for my poor english

Thank you very much in advance for the help you can give me.

Thank you very much in advance for the help you can give me.

Edited by braindead

buzzdude

I use 'xmedia recode' to do what you want. Also to normalise all my movies. Great app.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

braindead

I use 'xmedia recode' to do what you want. Also to normalise all my movies. Great app.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Hello, 

Thanks you for your answer but this is for Windows, how can i use it properly with files on my NAS ? 

I need to download all the files manualy ? I will die (3,5TO)

Thanks you again.

rbjtech

This isn't really an emby problem (nor synology..) but I'll try and help you out.

According to the specs, this soundbar looks pretty competent and supports AAC - but it doesn't mention if this is 5.1 or just 2.0

https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-video/soundbar-q70r/HW-Q70RXU/#specs

I note there are also lots of enhancements / sound processing functions - have you turned this off when playing AAC 5.1 to see if that makes any difference ?

If that doesn't work - then you can convert AAC 5.1 to AC3 5.1 via ffmpeg and then insert that as the default sound track.  A recursive batch file or powershell script can then go though all your collection and update the files automatically but before doing all that - I would check the source problem (the soundbar) rather than try and edit your files as sound quality is going to suffer if you do need to convert back to AC3.

Edited by rbjtech

• 2 weeks later...
awkdk

Hello, 

Thanks you for your answer but this is for Windows, how can i use it properly with files on my NAS ? 

I need to download all the files manualy ? I will die (3,5TO)

Thanks you again.

No, you mount the folder with your movies as a network drive on your computer and let the program work directly on that.

I would recommend you try FFmpeg Batch AV Converter  as it can filter files by audio codec.

Send me a PM if you need more help.

• 2 months later...