Can’t playback MKV files

Alexnrnjo

Alexnrnjo

So far Emby has had no issues with playback, however this week it has not been able to stream or even play any files that are MKVs. I also noticed of these files that don’t play they also don’t load any media info either as shown in the linked pictures, I used a movie and tv show as examples both of which are fully on the server and I can watch through VLC on the server itself just fine. 

There is no bandwidth limit and all files are somehow playable off of the iPhone Emby app, but are not working on any desktop browser or streaming device (Shield tv, fire stick, LG App).

post-609013-0-16598000-1590021927_thumb.jpeg

post-609013-0-16023700-1590021935_thumb.jpeg

post-609013-0-73590100-1590021966_thumb.jpeg

post-609013-0-03617500-1590021985_thumb.jpeg

Happy2Play

Probably need a server log, but if you refresh on of those items does it provide the proper Media Info.  Without media info Emby just does not know how to properly present the media.

How to Report a Problem

Hi, can you please attach the log files in their original plain text format? Thanks !

Alexnrnjo

Hi, can you please attach the log files in their original plain text format? Thanks !

Sorry about that! Here is the most recent log in my %appdata%\Emby-Server\logs folder

embyserver.txt

Alexnrnjo

So far Emby has had no issues with playback, however this week it has not been able to stream or even play any files that are MKVs. I also noticed of these files that don’t play they also don’t load any media info either as shown in the linked pictures, I used a movie and tv show as examples both of which are fully on the server and I can watch through VLC on the server itself just fine. 

There is no bandwidth limit and all files are somehow playable off of the iPhone Emby app, but are not working on any desktop browser or streaming device (Shield tv, fire stick, LG App).

UPDATE : After doing multiple library scans, I decided to try to just watch other things that weren’t mkvs on the server. Only to find out the server isn’t playing ANY files at all. I have attached a screenshot of a tv show that is saved in a .MP4 and that is doing the same thing by not showing any media info or playing at all. 

post-609013-0-12673800-1590071920_thumb.jpeg

post-609013-0-88942800-1590071926_thumb.jpeg

Hi.  What is your "D:" drive?  Is it a physical disk or a mapped disk?  Are you sure it is connected and responding properly?

Alexnrnjo

Hi.  What is your "D:" drive?  Is it a physical disk or a mapped disk?  Are you sure it is connected and responding properly?

D drive is a 12tb drive that is connected directly to the server, it is connected properly and is working fine because I can go into my file explorer and watch all my files directly on the server through VLC. And the files do actually playback on Plex just fine too. Obviously I don’t want to use plex though so I am lost now because it seems my whole tv show library is doing this plus any files I add now including movies are in this same state of no media info.

Edited by Alexnrnjo

@@Alexnrnjo this should be resolved for the next release of emby Server. If you need immediate relief you can jump on the beta channel. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks !