Android TV (Sony Bravia) Server unavaialble

Arcau

Arcau

I am having a recurring issue with the Android TV side of Emby, as detailed in the reddit post below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emby/comments/gn7gq1/server_unavailable_on_android_tv/

I am able to access emby from every other device I have, using web browser, android tablet, android phone and windows player.

I got it working by force feeding it the IP but then this morning was doing the same thing.

Any suggestions here would be appreciated, as I do like the layout and the QoL improvements that emby has over Plex. However if its a pain in the a every day to connect that is a deal breaker.

Arcau

Hi Luke,

The server shows on the page to chose from, I select it and it times out saying unavailable giving the prompt to "wake" or "remove" or "cancel"

The server is indeed alive and working as I can be watching something on my latop while trying to connect on the TV.

The only way I have been able to get it to actually pick up the server is directly inputting the IP, however it did work fine for the first couple of days its only the past two days these issues have popped up.

Nothing on the network has changed from initial configuration, the only account change was adding in a month of premier to make sure that was not the issue.

No changes on the server since first rolling it out.

Hi.  Does your server dashboard show the proper address for both LAN and WAN?

Arcau

Yes, the IP addresses are correct. Different but correct for what they should be.

I am able to access it easily both on local and remote on pretty much every other device, just not the TV.

As it will be the primary viewing device sort of a giant pain in the ass.

It's been once a day, prompts me to wake the server, or sign in with connect again or some other annoyance. Honestly if it would just work and connect I would make the switch completely to emby from Plex.

But so far Plex is still the main driver as it doesn't need me to manually connect every damn day

Different but correct for what they should be.

Hi.  What exactly do you mean by "different"?  Different from what?

Can you please cause the connection failure, then just back out of the dialog asking you to wake and press the "Send Log" button on that screen and then come here and tell me what time you did that?

Thanks.

Arcau

You were right on the money there actually, the more I thought about it. I changed the local from the 172. address to the actuall address of the server instead and it worked.....

Brain fell out of my head on this one for sure.