Controlled Refresh of Playlist Image

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

I want the image for my playlist to be based on the first four playlist entries

I clear the playlist

add the first four entries to playlist

delete the image and refresh the playlist (so its based on the first four entries)

clear the playlist

write all the entries to the playlist

$ApiURL = $this.api.root + '/emby/Items/' + $this.id + "/Images/Primary" + "?api_key=" + $this.api.apikey
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $ApiUrl -Method Delete

$ApiURL = $this.api.root + '/emby/items/' + $this.id + "/Refresh?Recursive=true&ImageRefreshMode=FullRefresh&MetadataRefreshMode=FullRefresh&ReplaceAllImages=true&ReplaceAllMetadata=true" + "&api_key=" + $this.api.apikey
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $ApiUrl -Method Post

not very elegant but the whole process works if i put a pause statement after the refresh metadata call and go and have a look before continueing

but if i just let it run, the image is made up of the full playlist entries...

so perhaps the full refresh doeesnt cause the image to be created until the page is visited.

is there a way to force the image creation at a given point in time..a different api call perhaps....or do i just have to have a very long pause to give the server time to create the image..

thanks

ginjaninja

It's not currently possible to control this via api.

i may have a workaround, by requesting the image after creation it seems to force emby to create the image...with a bit of a script delay to give emby time to adjust.

$ApiURL = $this.api.root + '/emby/items/' + $this.id + "/images/Primary?MaxWidth=180"
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $ApiUrl -Method Get
2020-05-20 18:22:55.136 Debug App: ConvertImageToLocal item 321275 - image url: emby://playlistcollage