Video playback freezes on HTPC with Emby for Kodi add-on, but works fine on everything else

guill69f

guill69f

Hi, I have a HTPC with a fresh libreElec install with emby for kodi. Spec: Intel Core i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40Ghz, LibreElec running on SSD. Any time I play a video (tried 10 different movies), the movie will freeze and start again, there is some type of buffering on going.

But when I play the same movies on other devices which have much less power (PC, phone, pad, TV Sony Bravia), playback is perfectly fine.

I really like Emby but well, I have to get it to work smoothly from my HTPC. I did a bit of search on the forum and found some threads mentioning Direct Play as being the solution. The thing is when i look at the dashboard, files played from HTPC are tagged with "direct playing". So not sure what to do now...

I appreciate if someone can support [emoji846]

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

guill69f

Ok, i tried with both add-ons (EmbyCon and Emby for kodi). same issue with both

guill69f

I found out the issue is not Emby related.

I just did a new fresh Kodi install, imported movies from my NAS and then tried to play a couple of movies: same issue. I can't get why this is not working now has everything has been working fine for years, but I will try to find the answer on a Synology / Kodi forum then... Post can be closed. thanks

Edited by guill69f