Transcodificacion en TV Samsung

Banquero

Banquero

Señores, tengo una pregunta para algo que no consigo comprender. Tengo dos TV Samsung una de 2016 y otra de 2019. Reproduzco un episodio de una serie. En el tele más antigua hace reproducción directa y en la más moderna transcodifica. Por qué? Los archivos de origen están en MPG4. Gracias...

Hi there, did you explore the stats feature in the video player to learn why it was transcoding?

Banquero

Hola Luke, acompaño foto del panel de control para que veas como transcodifica. Muchas gracias...

post-597068-0-50310200-1589985434_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Banquero

Hola Luke, con la versión 4.3.3.0 sigue transcodificando. He comprobado que en Android TV también lo hace. Alguna idea? 

• 3 weeks later...
SamES

I don't quite know why this is happening.  If I look at the playback session in the server log around  2020-05-20 18:34:51.074 (which matches the session of the ffmpeg transcode log) it definitely tries to DirectPlay, then appears to fail and fallback to transcoding.  However, it does not report a reason for the Transcode, which is odd.

The only difference between these two models is the later one does not support DTS and should only convert the audio.  Anyway, that is not relevant in this case.

Can you please try putting this episode on a USB drive and attaching it to the TV and try playing via the built-in player?  Please let me know if it plays correctly or displays an error. 

Thanks

If it errors on direct play there wouldn't necessarily be a reason then reported for the transcode. Since a direct play error is client side detected. The server transcoding info would be blank/empty for a reason in that case. The client would need to know that when transcoding and in the absense of a transcode reason within transcoding info that it is a direct play error. There isn't a transcode reason for "Cannot allow video stream copy"(AllowVideoStreamCopy=False) or "Cannot enable direct stream"(EnableDirectStream=False) which become involved when fallback happens.

Edited by speechles

SamES
On 7/6/2020 at 10:23 AM, speechles said:

If it errors on direct play there wouldn't necessarily be a reason then reported for the transcode. Since a direct play error is client side detected. The server transcoding info would be blank/empty for a reason in that case. The client would need to know that when transcoding and in the absense of a transcode reason within transcoding info that it is a direct play error. There isn't a transcode reason for "Cannot allow video stream copy"(AllowVideoStreamCopy=False) or "Cannot enable direct stream"(EnableDirectStream=False) which become involved when fallback happens.

The Tizen client does report DirectPlay errors

&TranscodeReasons=AudioCodecNotSupported,DirectPlayError&allowVideoStreamCopy=false

Miguel Gil Vico

No puedo entenderlo. Tengo a un amigo viendo una peli en una TV LG en Direct Play y en remoto y yo estoy viéndo la misma en local en mi TV Samsung y a mi me transcodifica. No entiendo que ocurre. 

SamES
On 5/21/2020 at 3:21 AM, Banquero said:

Hola de nuevo Luke. Aquí tienes la estadística

post-597068-0-44610500-1589995255_thumb.jpg

@Luke, in this screenshot, what would cause Transcoding with displaying a Transcode Reason?  This does not seem normal to me