Tracks not showing up correctly in Albums

alteci

alteci

In my music library, I have 15 folders...in the folder view, they don't show up correctly, and in the album view, lots of incorrect songs are in the wrong albums.  Most of my songs are singles, not albums, but emby is grouping them and doing so incorrectly.  How do I fix it?  I've tried deleting all cache and metadata files, to no avail.

As a side note...I've only been aware of Emby for about 1 week, I purchased the premiere version a couple days ago (I like what I see) and expected dedicated support, I'm a little disappointed premiere doesn't come with dedicated support, I may have purchased to early, but hoping to get this resolved here.  I've also turned off nfo and metadata servers on this library and refreshed the libary and metadata, to no avail.

The first screen shot shows in shell, the number and correct names of the music folders.  The second screen shot shows emby player, showing the wrong folder names and wrong images, but showing the correct number of 15 folders.  The third screen shot shows an album with wrong songs in the album, grouping songs that don't belong.

post-655249-0-59805100-1589900881_thumb.png

post-655249-0-88446300-1589900929_thumb.png

post-655249-0-15444700-1589900940_thumb.png

Edited by alteci

PenkethBoy

Hi Welcome

music need the following structure

.../AlbumArtist/Album/songs

also you need to ensure your metadata tags are accurate - most people think they are but some work is required to ensure they are

if you search the forums you will find numerous posts where people had problems with music and 99% of the time its folder structure and metadata tags that are the problem

Emby uses the metadata tags to work out the way to present the songs/Albums etc with the help of the structure above

Also check out the wiki on music naming etc for some additional guidance

Have Fun

alteci

Thanks PenkethBoy!  Is there anyway around this?  I DJ and I have my music organized for me, for DJ'ing, i.e. year, genre, etc., it's stored on my laptop/Mac and I'm just copying the folder to my Emby server...it would be a LOT of work to 1) re-organize it, and then 2) re-organize every time I have new music to publish, and 3) need to keep track of two different sets of the same music folders.  Any suggestions?  Thanks again.

And why wouldn't the Folder view show the actual folders?

Edited by alteci

PenkethBoy

folder view does show the folders

Not much i can suggest re how emby works

Luke has been promising for over a year to add a more flexible folder structure but nothing yet

alteci

See the screen shots I included in the original post, it's actually not correctly showing the folders in folder view, so perhaps there's a bug.  The shell shows the correct folders.

PenkethBoy

if you have the correct supported structure it will

5ec4588ea2063_Annotation20200519230614.j

5ec458998b401_Annotation20200519230618.j

Edited by PenkethBoy

alteci

Ok, thanks, that seems strange that folder view doesn't actually show the correct folders if the structure is not correct.

I did notice something, I deleted library.db and restarted my emby server...in the first few mins of it being up, it showed the correct folder structure, then as it completed the file scan, it went back to being messed up.

Luke has been promising for over a year to add a more flexible folder structure but nothing yet

Yup, trying hard to get myself freed up for it, just like i was with virtual scrolling.

alteci

Yup, trying hard to get myself freed up for it, just like i was with virtual scrolling.

Good to know and thanks.

alteci

Mixed content type seems better for the music and displays more accurately.  I did change the layout a bit, but even with the new layout, that aligns closer to the emby requirements, it still messes up the folder view if I use music content type.  So seems looks like there is a bug in the "folder" view.  For now, I'll keep it in mixed content type.

• 6 months later...