cannot connect with Android app

grimleaper1709

grimleaper1709

Moved from PLEX to EMBY about a month ago and have been over the moon about the Quality of the player, the in network apps (Win, Android and embyConnect for kodi) and the ability to manage meta data.

Bought Emby Premiere within one day and cancelled Plex Pass same day.

Seems I may have been premature in stopping my PLEX Pass.

Remote access to my Emby Server is a no go.

With Plex I originally used DDNS.net to access the server, but stopped since my whole library were converted to HEVC mkv files which no browser supports.

Moved to port forwarding and the remote access ability of Plex and all was good (Had a fibre connection and static 10 class ip for Server)

Changed to a 5G modem/Router for the speed but also got Carrier Grade NAT with that, so non routable IP.

overcame that by installing ZeroTier on server and all remote clients (Phones, tablets etc) worked great.

Now switching to Emby , assumed everything would still be fine. The Server is still the same, the libraries are all the same, everything on the LAN works great but remote access through ZeroTier refuses.

Know this is not a ZeroTier issue as the Plex server which I fortunately didn't kill still works on the zeroTier tunnel to all the clients.

Emby for Android and EmbyCon refuses to connect even though for all intents and purposed it is now on a LAN via the ZeroTier tunnel

Is there something in the way Emby connects that would let it allow LAN clients to connect (same local subnet) but prevent it from allowing clients in the ZeroTier tunnel to connect? when Plex and Kodi are fine on that same Tunnel.

Please tell me this has nothing to do with secure connections and certificates.

@@cayars

I've not used ZeroTier so I don't know the ins and outs of it but would imagine it works similar in nature to other VPN solutions designed for overlaying a network on top of another.

If you want you can PM and I can remote in with you via TeamViewer and have a look at the networking and see what we can come up with for you to make this work properly.

BTW, are you using ZeroTier just for sharing your media?

Will ZeroTier work with Rokus, smart TVs, xbox and similar devices that Emby supports?

grimleaper1709

I mostly use it for media sharing but it is a pure tunneling protocol and can install on various platforms (Win, Android,Linux,FreeBSD and various Media platforms QNAP, Synology)

I have used it to hang my XBox One off, even though there is no XBox version by using spanning tree and bridging and run plex player.(have not tried Emby yet as I have enough other Emby issues)

So any network attached device is seen as part of a tunnel if the device is part of the LAN (bridge the ZT virtual adapter and the ethernet adapter of the DHCP)

This would include smart TV and any device on that LAN

Edited by grimleaper1709

I think you would be better of with a normal VPN server that is public with a static IP/port.  EASY that way and will work with every device.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Box204835

Try to conect remotly to my server and it says "conection failure" 

1.-takes forever to conect

2.- fail to conect to server

3.- fail to conevt woth user name port open at8096 firewall disable

Screenshot_20220110-224641.png

Screenshot_20220110-224750.png

Screenshot_20220110-224814.png

On 1/10/2022 at 11:50 PM, Box204835 said:

Try to conect remotly to my server and it says "conection failure" 

1.-takes forever to conect

2.- fail to conect to server

3.- fail to conevt woth user name port open at8096 firewall disable

Screenshot_20220110-224641.png

Screenshot_20220110-224750.png

Screenshot_20220110-224814.png

@Box204835 did you try clicking forgot password?